Would you recommend a Testarossa? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Would you recommend a Testarossa?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by AxerJk, Jan 28, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarob

testarob F1 Rookie

May 13, 2006
    Debary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Rob
    AWWW.... Ya had to bring that up again ....;)

2. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Exactly. In addition, I have to mention that driving the TR on hilly roads is an incredible rush when heading up the hill in 2nd at high rpms and shift to 3rd and hold on. The pulling power of the TR is just incredible and does not stop, actually begs for more petro! I have never had a problem shifting or use of the clutch. At first, the shift gate was a little odd, but once I got used to it, now it is not a problem and actually is very easy to use. C'mon, cruising in 2nd, hit the gas, high rpms to about 60 mph, then straight down to 3rd and before you know it, it's 100 and your shifting into 4th, which is so easy because the upshift automatically pushes the gear shift to the right and just a push up to 4th. If you can get to high rpms in 4th, you are not in the United States, otherwise your headed for jail. :)

3. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    bpu699, you took the words right out of my mouth with your top ten. #11 The sound of that engine, a stereo is not required

4. traderjet4

traderjet4 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I Love it....

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

Only if you get caught :D !!!! I would hit 120+ on the Merrit Parkway in CT everyday. I hit 150 on I-91 in northern Mass once (would have gone faster, but the tires weren't new and I was happy at 150 :) ). Never got pulled over or any type of legal trouble in my TR, and only 1 little ticket in my 308. All those miles breaking the law came with no penalty. How great is that!!!!

6. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    One great thing about this car we should mention is that when it is working right, EVERYTHING works pretty well right. A/C is quite reasonable considering the era of the car and type, heater is fine, it absolutely will not overheat in any reasonable scenario including rush hour traffic on 100 degree days, etc. Even the wipers and defroster take care of you without drama.

Yes, I recommend it without hesitation to the right driver/owner - keeping in mind that like an aerobatic taildragger aircraft, it is probably not for every pilot.

7. marlboroman

marlboroman Rookie

Jan 30, 2009
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David
    After reading all the threads about TR ... I had made my decision I am going to get one .... I love this car...

8. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    Ooooh yes! And don't forget to throw in plenty of cash to keep her happy.

9. sparky p-51

sparky p-51 Formula 3

Aug 8, 2004
    klamath falls, Or.
    Full Name:
    steve
    #34 sparky p-51, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Bubba12345

Bubba12345 Karting

Jan 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    It was exactly what I wanted to ask.

11. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    The Testarossa is like sex addiction. Look at the lines wide rear end and narrow race car slope. Its addicting racy car feel.
    Once you own one the feeling is addicting to your taste buds...

12. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    #37 redtrman, Jan 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Steve,

now I know where my TR, almost twin, sister is hiding. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I just have to say it. I know that people like the 5-lug TR wheels because they give you more options for aftermarket wheels - but those single-lug wheels sure do look good SPARKY P-51 and REDTRMAN !! Much cleaner than the later wheels. Too bad they don't make an 18 inch version of that exact wheel! Aftermarket single-lug wheels in larger sizes with approximately the same shape have those darn perimeter bolts around the rim, where as I'd prefere the cleaner look. Great looking cars!

14. raptr

raptr Karting

Jan 22, 2007
    You make a very important point and I agree with you 100%.The build quality of the TR is very high and the reliability factor seems to be quite high as well.I've owned several older Italian cars and I still own a Boxer and when I've taken those cars out,no matter how well they are running at the time,I'm always a little bit apprehensive about being too far from home with them if you know what I mean.Not so with the TR.As you have pointed out,no problem whatsoever with overheating and I've never had any little stupid stuff ever happen.All the switches and the systems they control all work with a high degree of quality and this instills confidence in the car.
    Also,the car is very comfortable.I'm 6'2 but after several adjustments/trials the seating is perfect for me.I could ride in it all day and then sleep in it.This is another major improvement over previous Ferraris.
    Some of us will remember the days of European cars being a huge pain in the a$$ and very tempermental....not so with the TR.All this talk makes me want to take my car out.....unfortunately not a good idea with 10 inches of snow outside.
    -raptr

-raptr

15. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Speedline offered a wheel without perimeter bolts.