I need Advice and Insight about a Mondial.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I need Advice and Insight about a Mondial....

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by kerrywittig, Feb 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Kerry, good luck and let us know how it goes...!

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Bingo! I was thinking Naples but wasn't sure :)

I wish you the best!

BTW, honk if you see a black 3.2 Coupe being trailered, heading south ;)

3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #28 Wade, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    #29 elipinski, Feb 5, 2009
    maybe you want to incorporate my random find to your great business idea?

kind reg.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Delaminated? Isn't that just a thin plastic cover over the stainless that is supposed to be removed anyway? My 328 has a steel panel there.

6. 4REGT4

4REGT4 Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    The removal of the muffler cover better suits the 308s as the Mondial doesn't have the race car appearance to me. Though if the muffler were painted with high-temp black paint it may look ok.

7. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay

Errr.. maybe your the one that is misinformed about price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ferrari-Mondial-T-1989-Ferrari-Mondial-T-82K-MILES-3-4L-V8-DAYTONA-BLACK_W0QQitemZ150324120036QQihZ005QQcategoryZ157045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
  9. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #34 Wade, Feb 5, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
    True, a bad choice of words on my part. I was pointing out that they're both the same car and was using that area as a reference. :)

10. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Come on boys, boys.....Can't we all just get along?

I do have another question..................

Would the bolt pattern of a 5 bolt Testarossa wheel match the Mondial pattern? I have a couple sets. Their 16" in diameter and I could either put 225/50 or 255/50 tires at all 4 corners (if there was clearance)....or..........225/50's on the front and 255/50's on the rear, just like the TR.

11. BAturb

BAturb Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Allan
    not sure on the TR wheels, but the mondial is a 5x108 stud pattern with a +55 offset

12. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    thats UK pounds x 1.44 and you get about 18k not your 10k plus that car is a Mondial 8.

13. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    Again I say have you seen the car? You guys pick the biggest pieces of s**t on ebay and think its market, criticize every car that comes up for sale as being over priced. This is a Ferrari purchase not a dollar store. The idea is for the OP to get a car he can enjoy. Its obvious to everyone that the car is worth more than 10k so why say it? It gets so old people saying every car is crap and worth nothing. If its so easy to buy a cheap Ferrari for nothing then why don't you guys go into business doing that because obviously its easy to buy great bargain Ferraris for 10k and then you could undercut everyone by selling at say 12k and make a much bigger margin that most professional dealers.

14. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    The panel by the gas pedal came with a protective plastic stuck on the chrome or stainless scuff panel. It peels off! Just like protective plastic on some appliances, electronics, etc. Strangely, my pristine Mondial of which I am the second owner (a swiss vehicle) also had the plastic left on, good gracious I hope no one paid for dealer prep when the vehicle was new... maybe the euro types leave the plastic on to protect the metal from scuffing - which is to protect the carpet from scuffing...lets just wrap the whole interior in plastic to prevent all wear and tear!!

15. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #40 Wade, Feb 5, 2009
  16. pologq

pologq Rookie

Dec 9, 2008
    Nice looking car. I also am looking for a Mondial as my first departcher for Porsche. I am interested to know how it goes. Good luck!

17. 89vr

89vr Rookie

Apr 30, 2007
    Midlothian TX
    Full Name:
    Chris Marotti
    I hope that car is worth more than 15K or I'm taking a bath on mine. I paid 23,500 for my 85qv blu sierra coupe in 2006 (same mileage). It's a daily driver and the engine bay looks just like that. I'll detail it after the major service, but just because you see a dirty engine bay doesn't mean drop the price 8K (it can though). I'd sell mine for no lower than 23,500. Those french spec fogs are going to be hard to replace if they ever crack on ya. If you're serious get a ppi on it, cost like 200-400 depending on shops.

18. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    A no stories, well documented, well done qv coupe should be solid mid-20s, maybe higher if nice.

I think that the t coupe in the 20s is an outlyer, who knows why, much like my 3.2 coupe at $110K is an outlyer (but it is worth it, at least to me)

19. wrs46

wrs46 Formula 3

May 19, 2005
    QC, CANADA (&CH, &F)
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I'd still check on the "whereabouts" of this car between 2001 and today.

Let's see: A car gets serviced in France in 2001, is subsequently exported to USA (evidently a change in ownership) and then is for sale twice within one year, and only 1800 km in that entire time period (i.e. 8 years or 125 miles per year)? - Hell, I drove mine 1200 km in the first week I had it, and so do must other "new owners"!

The current owner (or the seller) obviously checked the functioning of the odometer, or he wouldn't show a close-up of it and mention the actual "mileage"...

20. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    I prefer Euro cars in general. The one i owned previously was imported here less than a year after it was built. This one is impossible to carfax being abroad for so long.

21. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    I have checked it's whereabouts............
    It is a 1 owner car, all documented.
    I am amazed at how the rumors, innuendo and stories get started by assuming.
    Make a call to the seller and ask for explanations....... I did......... I got answers that explain why, who, what, and where.
    I have done my homework and it all adds up.

22. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Kerry that is very cool that you have nero metallica cars. My 84 308 GTS QV is that color and I just love it.

23. JF308

JF308 Formula 3

Jan 17, 2007
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    John Feeney
    So, GO BUY ! Best of luck on it.

Post more photos when you get it.

24. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    #49 cockrill, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
    Wade, you got it!? Congratulations! (It being a certain Black 3.2 Coupe with red interior...)

25. David Danhof

David Danhof Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    David Danhof
    I looked at this car last summer. Unfortunatly it was when both the starter & battery were being relaced so I could not drive it. The ownership story and lack of recent use are understandable as the French owner had a home in Florida which was rarely used. He sent the Mondial to Florida as he has a 328 I believe in France. If memory recalls.

The car would be in my garage, space permitting. I viewed it as a great driver for the DIY person to tinker with its flaws. If one had to go to the Ferrari Dealership to get it up to a more presentable level, it may not be for you. The interior is very nice, no sticky issues and everything worked. The cosmetic issues are identifiable from the pictures, damage above the door handle, front bumper needs attention in my opinion, hood struts, clean engine bay, spray rockers, address muffler etc.

Current owner is a good guy who I believe has described the car accuratly. My next move would have been to do a PPI & get her home. I looked into a lift in my garage to accomodate but I do not have the ceiling height needed. That and my 2009-2010 earning expectations made me pass.

Someone will have fun with this car! Enjoy. Kerry if you buy it, you are welcome to leave it at my house (with the keys) until you can get it home...