BB512 Under Car Heater Hose Replacement | FerrariChat

BB512 Under Car Heater Hose Replacement

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Drew Altemara, Feb 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I need to replace the heater hose that runs from the "T" just under above the engine, under the car (along with the AC hose) to the diverter valve.

I have a couple of questions:

What is the inner diameter of the hose and where is the best place to source it? I'm thinking gates green stripe since you will never see it and my tape measure comes up with approximately 15 mm but this is just rough.

How do you access the diverter valve. It looks like it sits just behind the battery leading me to believe that either the front bumper comes off.

Appreciate all suggestions. I did this about a year ago with the fuel hoses on my Daytona that run under the car. Ended up wire sewing the hoses together to pull them through with lost of lubricant. Still was not pretty. I suspect this will be the same.

Regards,

Drew Altemara

2. billb

billb Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 4, 2001
    Shorewood, IL
    Full Name:
    Bill Badurski
    Drew,
    Access to the water valve is under the nose. Remove the metal panel just forward of the front wheels.

3. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks Bill, that makes sense. I'll probably pull the front bumper as well to replace the associated old hosing between the diverter valve and heat exchangers.

Drew

4. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    I just finished this very job. The smaller heater hoses up front had small cracks starting on the inner walls, so I replaced tham as well. The one that goes from the "T" at the engine to the valve up front is 5/8" 16mm, and measures out to be 8'7" long, and the smaller hoses are 1/2". I used Gates Green Stripe. I had my engine out when I did the eng/htr valv hose. I think it could be done with the engine in, but of course would be more fun. IMHO---Pay close attention to the routing in that busy area just forward of the engine just before the hose disappears into the frame tubes, also drain the system as carefully as you can. I still had some minor mopping to do. The "good news" is the smaller hoses were easier. After you remove the front spoiler, it's just time effort.