My Ferrari mug needs a major | Page 9 | FerrariChat

My Ferrari mug needs a major

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JoeZaff, Jan 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Just a little disturbing.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

A bra will only cost you points at concours. For everyday use, I highly recommend 3M's new product, mug wrap. Designed specifically for performance mugs.

Check it out on their website. www.mugwrap.com

DM

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

what was most amazing is I found it with a google search, didn't even have to cook up the photo.

Weird, eh?

4. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    HAd you just kept coffee in the Mug the seals would have kept moist and not dried out and cracked. It seems most of the problems come from mugs that are left on the shelf for months on end without use because the user is afraid to use the damn mug in the first place. It's a catch 22.

5. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #205 hank sound, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Due to the extensive damage that my mug suffered when hitting the edge of the kitchen sink, I thought this was truly the end. I made a phone call to the one individual I believed could save my beloved Ferrari Mug.

As with all things Ferrari, it was Eugenio to the rescue !! :) I was apprehensive at first but was reassured that everything would glue up just fine. To help keep the sadness at bay, Eugenio sent me on my way with a beautiful high capacity loaner which I could keep if I liked its performance:) I couldn't be happier !

Cheers, Hank
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    OK more than a little bit now ;)
    Or are the Japanese marketing a new instant chicken soup?

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Dave- Out of concern for my mugs being considered Cabinet Queens and not wanting the seals to go dry, I am now using my Fchat genuine Ferrari mugs to drink my Weihenstephaner Kristall Weissen Bier. Dave Helms has promised to degree my mug handles and Brian Crall has agreed to change the belts for me.

Now my only concern is whether to put Pirelli P Zero Rosso or Michelin PS2 bases on the bottom of the mugs. The Pirellis have wear ratings of 160 vs the 220 of the Michelins. I want the most non-slip base I can get, but longevity is also a consideration. Any help from the pros out there?

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. rodger

rodger Rookie

Feb 8, 2009
    I think he can fix it

9. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Dave. Im thinking of Leasing my mug.. Any ideas???

10. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Do you let you wife, girlfriend, friend drink from your mug?

11. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
    I haven't read through this entire thread, but I have a question. If I buy a Dino mug, is it considered a true Ferrari mug? I'm thinking of going to an RM Auctions event and possibly picking one up.

Is there anything I should look for, like premature wearing on the handles or stress cracking?

12. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
    I wish I saw this post sooner. Maybe I'll just get that Fiat mug with the Dino handle instead...

13. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    #213 kumbayah, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Is it just me or are replica mugs popping up everywhere.
    Be careful...The replica ones contain lead!.......

14. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    That one replica, the 2 liter bottle with the top cut off and a bent straw for a handle always makes me laugh.

15. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #215 Jdubbya, Feb 10, 2009
  16. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #216 SonomaRik, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Why oh, why do people always feel they have to get one of those cheap bodies and pose as a real Ferrari Mug, I mean these should be clearly labeled as kits, that's just awful and what a joke.

Put that in another thread: kit re-bodied : Ferrari Mugs

for easy search.

17. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    #217 davehelms, Feb 10, 2009
  18. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Oh my an enzo.

19. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook
    HOLY CRAP!:eek: That is the first Enzo Pic I have seen. What does it look like in person. I am so jealous! Which one is the Enzo?????:p

I was trying to find my Fmug but I must have it packed away in its original box down in the Garage. I bought it in Italy back in 2003. So far I have added a In-N-Out Antenna Cup to it. No other add ons. I want to keep it as original as possible to retain its value. My only problem is that it has never seen any fluids. It is Ceramic so I don't think I have any seals to worry about.

20. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #220 Jdubbya, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    So you are telling me that it is a kit mug? They guy selling it told me people tell him all the time that it's the nicest Ferrari mug they've seen. I hope when it shows up that it looks OK because I don't think he'll refund my money.

21. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #221 SonomaRik, Feb 11, 2009
    Just trying to help out, nothing personal, I am NOT overly familiar with this model however, here is what I see:

#1 shows a poor paint job AND I'm almost certain that air-intake looks after market with VERY poor quality.

#2 dosn't connect all the way, unless it was the one-off series run when FIAT forced Ferrari to make economic models, and Enzo didn't allow Ferrari name on the product....vintage section can better help here

#3 especially seems to be missing a spoke.

Lastly I am quite certain that Lambo 'ORANGERIE' [after the scotch] never was even offered: Custom/aftermarket again.

Albeit, I have not seen this in person and I don't know the dealer, but guessing he's from FL, as it might even have plain, simple, water damage instead of 'classic' Patina-Expresso !!!!! LOOKS way too clean and probably a fake.

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER :) we are on your side

BTW: Please post his dealership as I'm quite sure THAT will turn into a classic thread with appologies and accusations, and much fretting and thashing of personalities, couple of bans, but WTH it's all for the best.....

rik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    What if you just say screw it and don't do the major but put the Ferrari Mug in the back of the cabinet and cover it with an old dusty kitchen towel. Do you think in 20 years it might be worth a whole bunch more even though it's broken and still needs a major?

23. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #223 SonomaRik, Feb 11, 2009
  24. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006

You might just be doing your grandson and grandaughters a great favor. Think about it, like in about 42 years, your grandson might try to clean up the old cabinet and Vollla!..He comes across the mug... Next day the mugs' all over the News front page!
    " Grandson Finds Granpa's old ferrai mug stashed away in the antique cabinet" "Estimate value .......Priceless!