Alfa TZ1 Any one have one? | FerrariChat

Alfa TZ1 Any one have one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Mrpbody44, Feb 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Looking at Alfa Romeo TZ1's. Is there any one on Ferrari chat have one?

2. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    You might also want to try the Alfa Bulletin Board (AlfaBB) if you haven't already.

3. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    #3 Mrpbody44, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
    I did check it out. Lots of heated debate on these cars. There are stories with some ofthese cars and lots of repiclas, double serial numbers ect. As prices were falling I was thinking about picking one up. With all these story cars I having second thoughts. It also seems like many of these cars are unaccounted for (about 30). Looks like maybe some barn finds out there.

4. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    I have had many nice ones over the years and avoided quite a few due to unknown or questionable original content.

I have also been fortunate enough to have had three exceptional TZ2s pass through our hands.

Email me privately at [email protected] if you would like to discuss further possible current options given the market.

The last really nice TZ1 to trade hands was done so last Month at the Gooding sale in Scottsdale. The new owner introduced himself and is both a very nice man and now the owner of one of the better cars. His cost in this market was $440,000 which is probably about right for a great car.

Cheers,

Bill Noon

5. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Thanks for the reply Bill. It was a pleasure meeting you at Cavalino this year. I am looking at these cars because Marserati 150's and 200's are out of my price range these days.

6. sf10212

sf10212 Rookie

Sep 7, 2006
  7. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    FAST, dont even pause to look back, just move away quickly....

I was always amazed as to how much energy went into causing hardship and confusion for a quick buck. They have made this an art form. I guess its some sort of a game, for a twisted dark group of individuals.

Elad

8. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    There is so much BS with these TZ 1's it kind of put me out of the market. I think if I want a TZ 1 I will just build one. That way I know it's a fake. I am now looking at Lancia 037 Rally cars.

9. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    037 are nice cars, but what can you really use them for?
    I suggest an Abarth 1300OT periscope as a good alternative to the TZ1, originality is not a question, the drive train is complex, unique and very advanced, the car looks good, can be used, and they go for inside 250k. sounds like a deal to me...

btw, i own one!

10. ben007

ben007 Rookie

Mar 17, 2009
    this website is the only one who had fight against the fakes...of course all the bandits involve in thses scams try without success to critic the work done. and of course the critics come from people using a pseudo of course

11. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    Ben 007 pls tell us who you are? I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be... the same guy that has been thrown out of many forums that lives in a country between Holland and France, and has written books to try and re-write hsitory to back up their shady activity. Shame on "them"!
    Anyhow, "these guys" continually find cars that somehow disappeared many years ago. The level of "luck" attached to these guys is beyond any statistical math. Come on man, move on, if anything "they" should be thrown behind bars for forgery.

12. ben007

ben007 Rookie

Mar 17, 2009
    so funny, you are behind a pseudo and you ask me who i m ?
    everybody who understand cars and have the money to buy one don t listen to you, they listen to real experts and i don t see anywhere "elads" as a expert. now you post just show how jalous you are by the success of other, it s human nature, we all understand...don t worry

13. elads

elads Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2004
    israel
    Full Name:
    elad
    Look at my profile and you will see that my real name is listed there... As well as my collection. All real.
    you on the other hand have not told us who you are. And no im not jealous.
    Funny, i don’t think so, "they" are dangerous. Anyhow, enough arguing, "they' have been banned here i believe, so im not sure why "they" will be allowed back again.

elad

14. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    Elads I think I talked to you one year at Amelia Island. I used to own and OSCA MT4 in the 80's. Abarths are very nice cars and I would love to have one. I do think that the Lancia 037 in Rally trim is an Icon of the 80's and will be one of the cars to own in the future.

15. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    I am going to have to check it out. It is about $100,000 over my budget.

16. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
  17. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Good Morning Philippe.

IPs match.

Writing style matches.

Looks like it's you hiding behind "ben007."

However, in fairness, it may not be you.

Is it you? Didn't we ban you? Several times? I sure think it's you.

Aren't you the guy who insist that none of us hide by "pseudos" and yet, here you are, doing exactly that.

C'mon, fess up, it's you, right?

18. ben007

ben007 Rookie

Mar 17, 2009
    Sorry, i m not philippe. i don t need to be someone else to have a strong opinion