'50s style burger joint | FerrariChat

'50s style burger joint

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by apollo355, Feb 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. apollo355

apollo355 Karting

Oct 4, 2006
    Sorry for the off topic post but I knew of a 1950's style burger restaurant in Campbell about 10 yrs ago that was kind of like a Johnny Rockets. Except it was also a muscle car crowd hangout, where folks would come with their rare muscle cars, park and mingle in front of the restaurant like an ongoing car meet. Anyways I'm taking someone there tonight but can't remember the name of the joint for the life of me. Anyone here knows what the place is called?

2. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
  3. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Can't think of name, but it is located on the corner of Curtner & Union [behind 76 station] about 1 block off Bascom. If I remember, I'll post...sorry.

4. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

It's no longer a diner but rather a Greek (?) place. The "muscle car" crowd is, unfortunately, long gone :( [I live round the corner.....]

Cheers,
    Ian

5. ferraritom

ferraritom Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Seaside California
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have seen some old hot rods hanging out at a burger joint behind Valley fair, on tuesday or thursdays, the name of the joint is the burger barn or something like that.......

6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Burger Pit? That was my mainstay when I was a kid growing up in Cupertino. If it's not BP any longer, then the last BP is in SW SJ on Blossom Hill.

7. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The place behind Valley Fair is on the corner of Winchester and Forest Ave (aka Naglee aka Taylor, depending on what part of town you're in). The big hotrod meet now is at the Boston Market on El Camino in Santa Clara on Wednesday nights. The guy across the street from me has a few Model A Fords and a *mint* 56 Ford Victoria that he takes over there every week...

8. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony

I used to own Burger Pit in Los Gatos, all of them closed down in early 90's.

9. tony2ta

tony2ta Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    That's it.