F430 in a colour I never thought I'd like... | FerrariChat

F430 in a colour I never thought I'd like...

Discussion in '360/430' started by jjmalez, Feb 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Hello,

Maybe I was caught up in the moment, or maybe I've just seen the first F430 that I found beautiful. I was on my way to Lake Forest Sportscars (Ferrari dealer on Chicago's north shore) When suddenly a white F430 Scuderia pulled out behind me and quickly passes me by. Stunning! Upon arriving @ LFSC they had three beautiful cars (and a really beautiful receptionist) in their main lobby.

One car in the lobby was a 2008 white/bordeau F430 coupe. I spent a 1/2 hour looking over their impressive showroom of Ferraris (everything from a metallic black Scuderia to Alain Prost's Formula One race car) but I kept coming back to that white F430.

Am i nuts? This isnt Miami Vice circa 1986. There was a showroom full of F-cars... but none better looking than a white F430...

IMHO

Joe.

2. cat1pro

cat1pro Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2009
    Deerfield Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Alain
    I just saw a 2008 white scuderia at ferrari fort lauderdale. The contrast from the carbon just really looked nice.

3. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    I saw the very same white Scud yesterday at the FL dealer.....looked great though the grey stripes made the difference.

4. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    the car you saw probably belonged to a member (Absent) that posts frequently on the board.

5. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    While I'm a die-hard red/tan guy, there's nothing wrong with a white Ferrari. I've seen a white scud in person and they're stunning.

6. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    White is really a dramatic color in many Ferraris. Had a white Test. in 88 which was the result of Miami Vice. My favorite however is Rosso which currently have in my Modena and had with my Dino in the 70's. 308 was yellow and 84 BBi was silver above with black below.

7. slickm

slickm Rookie

Sep 27, 2008
    Are you talking about the white 430 with the chrome wheels? I saw that car in person a couple weeks ago - very good looking. . .

8. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    When I got my white F430 everybody said that I was crazy and that it would be a Miami Vice copy. Now that they have seen it in the flesh everybody says that it looks stunning. In fact, everybody now pushes me to get my 599 in white as well. To be honest, I haven't ruled that out completely.

If you like it ... buy it ... and have the rims painted in black. The result is stunning.

Best of luck with your decision.

9. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    #9 absent, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Glad you like it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login