Remains of five-year old boy found in crocodile's stomach | FerrariChat

Remains of five-year old boy found in crocodile's stomach

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jk0001, Feb 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/02/18/australia.crocodile.boy/index.html

CNN) -- A crocodile has snatched and eaten a five-year-old boy in Australia, state police have confirmed.

Jeremy Doble's remains were discovered in the stomach of a four-meter long reptile following DNA tests, ABC News reported Queensland Police as saying Tuesday.

Jeremy vanished from the Daintree River, Queensland while walking with his seven-year-old brother on February 8, police report.

Police say Jeremy disappeared into a mangrove swamp behind the family home after following his dog into flood waters.

His brother, Ryan, saw a large crocodile close to where he went missing, local media report, and raised the alarm.

"Dad jumped in after him, but it was too late," resident Col Patterson told The Courier Mail. "His older brother saw it all and will, no doubt, be haunted by that image."

A statement on the Queensland Police Web site Tuesday said: "Police have been advised that the remains found in a crocodile that was caught in the Daintree are that of a missing five-year-old boy."

Jeremy's family have requested that the animal is not harmed, media report.

"I've been advised that the child's family that they do not want any adverse action against crocodiles in the Daintree," The Courier Mail reported acting police inspector Jason Smith as saying last week.

The Daintree region, in the far north-eastern tip of Australia, is popular with eco-tourists.

2. EC308

EC308 Formula 3

Aug 28, 2005
    jenkintown, pa
    Full Name:
    ed
    What a way to go. RIP

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Yes, very sad!! :(:(

RIP young fella. :(:(

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Sad, will be very traumatizing for the other kid.

5. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Despite the tragedy, I am glad to see that this family took the harder, less traveled high ground on this one. I love Aussies - they get their place in this world a little better than most over here.

6. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Could not say it better.

But children MUST be watched CLOSELY when dangerous animals are around.

When my son is around sharks I am right there .... to be eaten first or to save him so I am eaten as a second thought. It is the price you must be willing to pay for the games you play (or the place in which you live).

RIP young man.

We care.

7. erik1968

erik1968 Karting

Mar 30, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That is so sad. I can't imagine losing my children in such a way. I'd be sick to my stomach.

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Terrible story...