Team Modena - F430 | FerrariChat

Team Modena - F430

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Feb 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Where are you Rik????

Got the newsletter that ya'll took delivery of the new red car at Fiorano and that Antonio & Leo drove it on the track it was a 19 year reunion for Nigel to be back there.

Suspect you are busing getting ready for the upcoming 24h test at Paul Ricard. What a deal and then some - I saw tickets for the test are a whopping 15€.

More info and photos??????

Carol

2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    wauw, must be great seeing Nigel back at Fiorano. He was always very much loved by the tifosi.

3. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    I thought it was his son that got the ride.

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Yes - Leo.

5. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    Factory test driver, Mediani, drove first, followed by Antonio and Leo.

Nigel was there to observe and advise.

VERY VERY successful day........

6. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix

Yes, but I meant Nigel being physically in attandence at Fiorano. The image of him in that 1990 Ferrari 641/2, driving it for everything it was worth, sparks flying everywhere, is what got me hooked on F1.

I don´t know much about Leo to be honest.

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Great news - where's the photos? red Ferrari?? I was thinking more in line with Team Modena...need team gear..Barcelona coming in less than 2 months - otherwise we'll be in Audi apparel.

Carol

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Their team gear, as with most teams, is pretty lame at least as far as what is available to the public. Most teams seem to miss the boat on this stuff with the exception of Flying Lizard.

9. DerWebMeister

Aug 21, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I've been a fan of Nigel for years. He's the only driver to hold the F1 and Indycar World Championships at the same time.

10. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    Indeed. The difficulty is working within the licensing agreements and regulations of the car manufacturers with regards to their logos, etc.

11. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Understood Rik and thanks for the response. As a fan buying something to remember an event what I want in a t-shirt is the car on the front or back, the team logo, and perhaps a sponsor or two somewhere. Flying Lizard get it right.
    If I'm going for something "nice" a fleece or sweatshirt with a logo or two is fine - hopefully with something referencing the series or class.

12. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    That's very helpful feedback - many thanks.

We're now at Jerez for tyre testing with Michelin.

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    No problem at all as long as I get the first one off the presses! :)

Will you be at any of the ALMS events this year? I'd be honored to have a signature on my model of DBR9/101.

Hope the weather is better in Jerez than it has been in England lately! Cheers!

14. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Got dibs here for first off the press as we'll be in Barcelona in a month or so!!! Back-up are Audi ones!

Carol

15. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Want to arm-wrestle for it? Aston Martin trivia questions?

16. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    #16 RTB, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
    What model was the original James Bond Aston??!!

Anyway, a fantastic day of testing the F430 GTC here in Jerez - I'm not sure if a GT2 Ferrari has ever been driven faster......... And there's more to come tomorrow.......

17. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    In the book or on film?? in the book a DB Mark III, on film the original DB5 prototype.

Follow Audi lines for clothing and you'd covered the gamet. I have a very nice Audi Sport jacket that you won't find in the US.... quite often the logo and/or name of the team speaks for itself on quality clothing when you don't want to look like an over done billboard. I for one will be quite anxious to see what livery you will have on the 430. Your colors/logo make your team readily identifiable.

Thanks
    Carol

18. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Mr Bryan,

would you perhaps care for a limited serie of 1/43 handbuilt (BBR) models of the Team Modena F430? Similar as we have done for Risi and AF Corse. Pics are available.

If interested, please PM me, or contact me at [email protected]

19. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    So, we're going to Le Mans!

We handed back our guaranteed GT1 entry and asked, very nicely and politely, for a GT2 entry!

20. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Congrats! I can't wait to watch!! :)

21. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    #21 RTB, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  22. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Great - I figured it would be a go for you into GT2. The "FIATS" definitely out number the Porsches. The article about the grand lady now at AM was wonderful. I'm glad we had many opportunities to see this awesome car run. It will seem different hearing the sound of the Tubi vs the definitive AM. Best of luck to you guys.

Carol

23. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Awesome! Amazing that there will be no less than 9 F430s there isn't it?

24. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    9 in class with the first reserve being Team Seattle Advanced Engineering and their F430.

Carol

25. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Rik, we'll be rootin for you!