Head-shot photog. needed 03/10/2009 in Anaheim | FerrariChat

Head-shot photog. needed 03/10/2009 in Anaheim

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by kevfla, Feb 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Any leads appreciated. Needed for professional portraits shot during a convention at Disneyland hotel, Wednesday, March 10th, 1 to 4 pm. Should have lights, background. At past conventions with this group, digital pix delivered/mailed on CD was the norm. I will put you in touch with the organizing comittee to negotiate pricing. Thanks in advance for any references!

What is the weather typically like that time of year?

KevFla

2. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Preferred type of car? Promo work, or paid?

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Mortgage women group. No cars. Probably 15 to 20 individual portrait sittings. Not sure what the budget is but I would expect at least $350-$500.

KevFla

4. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Whoops, thought you meant cars, only type of photography I do. Ever need a car shot, call me up.

5. rallyguy

rallyguy Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    #6 rallyguy, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009

Just an FYI, if you are expecting any kind of quality, given the set up you are asking about and that many shots, you really should be offering more like $1350-1500.

I shoot mostly cars but do portrait work as well, but TBH, $350 wouldn't even be worth the time it would take me to drive down there.

6. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    #7 AustinMartin, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    Yeah, $350 is chump change when it comes to portrait photography. My family has been into the photography business for years, and I cannot imagine such little mony for so much work.

7. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Like I said, don't know what the budget is but if you are in Orange County, might be worth looking into...

These aren't shots for the cover of Vanity Fair, but an opportunity for people to get an current photo for business cards or website.

KevFla