No Fewer than 7 Stradales on Ebay | Page 8 | FerrariChat

No Fewer than 7 Stradales on Ebay

Discussion in '360/430' started by teak360, Dec 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    #176 Exotic Marques, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
    A Purchaser has an obvious right to buy what he pleases at any $$$ amount he wishes. I have and will continue to limit my clientele to those that want to absolutely maximize their purchase, $$$wise, performancewise, reliability, resaleability, COO....my fee structures are set that the overall savings and increased enjoyment had better, and are, less than what a typical Purchaser could find or accomplish on his own unless he is very savvy, willing to travel and has a lot of time to spend.

Consequently, these days, I am looked at as some kind of hero for bringing in cars so cheaply which is an adulteration of the proper viewpoint. The market decides pricing, I just follow the market and predetermine good purchases with painstaking detail to PPIs, primary, secondary and tertiary. With consistent followup when issues arise over the car's problems.

Joe, it's not so much and either-or equation, best car and nightmares. Too may times on this forum I have seen "best cars" become (or already were) nightmares. Our "best car" should never be a nightmare nor is it the lowest priced. Rarely is it inclusive of my fees or not.

2. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

you sound committed to quality. i like that! do you do any work on the east coast?

3. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    Sorry, the Mods have labeled me as a TROLL.

"As someone in the auto business, trolling the board for customers is something you should avoid in either appearance or fact. A half dozen of your posts have come to the moderators attention as being "come-ons". Whether they are or not, doesn't matter, they are viewed that way. Talk about cars, avoid talking about anything to do with your business. There will be no further warnings."

<shrug>

I don't take customers from Forums, Mods.

Period.

4. topman2005

topman2005 Rookie

Sep 2, 2006
    NYC &lt;-&gt; FL
    Full Name:
    Derrick F.
    ThePusher:

hi, where did u see those 599GTB trading for $250K and 360s trade for $50-60k? I'm really interested to get a 599GTB and a 360 together for around $300k. My bro will be very happy if i buy him a 360, lol :)

5. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    #180 PCH, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
    Regarding 599 prices, although you may see higher advertised prices, the current market on 07 F1 cars w/approx. 4-6K miles is approx. 240K.

6. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    And lower. I'm betting on under $200K before the start of Summer.

7. Exotic Marques

Exotic Marques Karting
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2009
    It's negative to tell truth about prices? It's negative to be informed regarding the actual state of the (declining) values in the F market?

It's negative when more people will find F cars affordable?

I was unaware, thanks for clearing that up.

8. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

understood...there's always PM

9. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Need to look around a bit harder. Ask prices for 599s are about $260-280K but they are trading hands for $240-260K. Had a friend looking for one and Napolis PM'd me with a contact that had access to several below $250K. If you are a serious buyer I suggest you PM Napolis as I do not want to pass the contact info here (it is his to share)...

360's are dropping quick. when I posted that there were a 2 available at that range... Again... if you are serious buyer they can be bought in that range but will be a bit rough...

10. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    This is correct... and I agree with the other poster that prices will drop below $200K by the end of the year.

11. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    This certainly is a great time to add to a collection - we are basically getting two for the old price of one - oh well

12. 360Grigiotitanio

360Grigiotitanio Formula Junior

May 17, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    #187 360Grigiotitanio, Feb 23, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
    Wow. That's really amazing. What do you think the price of a good CS will be at the end of this year? Seems like there are a lot of them for sale. I wonder if this will continue.

13. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Here we go... :) Well I guess this is the original topic of the thread :)

Over 20 on sale just online... Asking prices are typically $159-179K right now... Sale prices are lower... They will continue to trend down although nobody here agrees on how much... you can search the threads (including this one) and get a lot of opinions but I think you will see another $10-20k decline at least.

14. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    A frickin' YEAR !!! ... last year, everyone was waiting for this year ... in a year from now you may as well wait another because they might go down another $10k-$20k

G

15. ThePusher

ThePusher Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2004
    Isn't that always the case :)

Cars will continue down and it is up to you to decide when to jump in... meaning when the value of the car to you personally matches or is higher than the price you must pay to buy the car.

If you can't wait and must have one... be careful, do your homework and you can buy a nice one under $150K now... if you want a better deal, be patient and you will see prices continue their downward trend. And you must draw your own conclusion from the discussion here on how steep that decline will be... which will likely affect how long you wait.

16. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    I had been waiting and searching for the right yellow stradale with factory stripe (non red or tan interior) for 18 months with no luck and I was willing to pay $190K+ last year. I've also been looking to upgrade my main residence for the same period of time also with no luck. Only one foreclosure in our community in the last 24 months and someone had a cash offer 10% more than asking (what gives - we offered 10% below asking).

I'm just trying to say not everything is going down - My double eagle gold coin collection is doing fine!

17. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    downward PRESSURE on prices certainly exists and will continue to persist for all the reasons outlined previously. For those forced to sell, prices may in fact be consistent with some of the lower prices suggested here. However, how many have purchased a good example, no stories CS for less than $150K? Assuming several have traded hands at this price - is this really reflective of an entire market or inferred by speculators due to the supply and demand imbalance? I certainly don't disagree with the imbalance of available cars and lack of sales. However, there appears to be an inference by some that values have plummeted when in fact very few have sold at such prices because few owners are willing to sell such a level [$125 - $150K]. Only those that need to sell will be pushed to sell at the #'s suggested here. Therefore, supply and demand models would suggest lower pricing to move the unit under the assumption it "must" be sold. However i do not think the broader "market" is comprised or reflective of several sale examples.

Since I'm not in the market or actively tracking the CS market, I'm sure someone here is aware of such sales. "Market" data [actual post sale transaction data] supporting broader sale transactions would probably be better than speculation. If few examples are being employed by some to forecast broader market "trends", well then it's just speculation right?

18. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1. Let's hear of some ACTUAL sales guys. Give us the details on your car and what you stole it for. Otherwise as speedemon points out, this whole thread is SPECULATION.

19. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There is a couple of nice lowish miles CS in ferrari ads right now. One listed for 155k and the other 159k and you know there is some wiggle room bulid in to those prices. Also the higher priced cars listed on ebay have been there a long time. There all good looking car's and they are not moving for a reason.

20. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Please let us all know about ACTUAL sales. And send us some photos and details on new CS aquisitions so we can congratulate the new owners. They aren't selling because car sales are dead right now.

21. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Whatever, It is safe to assume that those cars will not suddenly jump up to the 170k area in 6 months just because overall car sales tick up again. Ferrari and all exotic prices are only going one way.

22. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    Some of the worlds most desirable items, like Ferrari super cars and homes in very special areas (e.g., home over $2M in Montecito or Santa Barbara CA) are not affected too much by the current economy. There's just too many people who want them and can easily afford them, and there's not much available.

Also, investing in a home or super car is a bit more predictable then buying stocks. The CS is not a super car, but it kind of falls in the category of a "desirable item" with relatively few available.

23. bjm

bjm Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Fairfield County, CT
    Full Name:
    Brian
    CS's, scuderia's, 430's, 360's, 355's etc etc are in no way financial investments and to look at them as such is a mistake.

24. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    No disagreement. However and unfortunately, all cars [CS's in this case] are broadly being painted with the same brush. I'm wondering if these examples have higher miles, all maintenance, records, tracked, engine, trans, paint or other unusual items distinguishing of a "storied" car or just very motivated Sellers? Certainly the pressure exists and some verifiable sale data, but my guess is most that don't have to sell, wont. Those considering selling will do so only if the money exchanged in the sale represents a better opportunity elsewhere or out of necessity. The question then becomes...how many of these cars exist? The resulting number of CS's then becomes the "speculation" pool of cars being discussed here....

25. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    OMG!!! 5 scuds on ebay!!! how will we hide this??????