oil presure on a 360 | FerrariChat

oil presure on a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by flipdowt, Feb 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    can anyone help with the correct oil presure on a warmed up 360 at idle? on start up presure is around 100 when it warms up it looks around 30 but when reving up to about 4000 it goes up to maybe 50...give or take. is this normal? oil has just been changed and now i'm paying close attention and don't remember if it was like this before change. f filter was also replaced. thanks again for the help

2. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Sounds about normal.

Mine will stay around 100 until fully warmed and then it will drop at idle to 30-50 and come up between 70-100 in normal driving.

3. Loz997S

Loz997S Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Laurence D
    And if it goes completely nuts (fluctuating from low to high) it means you have a bad ground connection on the sender, nothing more serious than that :)

4. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    just an update... i traced my steps on the oil change and took out the screen filter that is mounted on the side of the housing ,and found that 1 of the o-rings was damaged, i must have ripped it during installation after cleaning. anyway,replaced both o-rings and my oil presure seems to have gotten better on idle. must have been some "internal bleeding" and dropped the presure. all is fine,around 35-40 at idle,about 100 on the open road.thanks for the replies

5. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Was that filter screen dirty?

6. flipdowt

flipdowt Karting

Dec 13, 2008
    Mahopac,New York
    Full Name:
    John Flip
    not at all but this was the first oil change that i did myself so i wanted to be sure and check it.i will not check it next time and am wondering if i should check the gear oil screen. if i do i will first buy the o-rings so i won't have any problems

7. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    Always good to keep the O-rings on hand.

Daniel has them.