No Fewer than 7 Stradales on Ebay | Page 9 | FerrariChat

No Fewer than 7 Stradales on Ebay

Discussion in '360/430' started by teak360, Dec 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360Grigiotitanio

360Grigiotitanio Formula Junior

May 17, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Sorry, but this is complete BS. My wife's best friend is a real estate agent in Santa Barbara and Montecito. The prices are dropping there just like everywhere else, although not as bad as the worst. Nobody can even get a equity loan on a house. Let me send you her email if you doubt it and she will be happy to tell you about all the great deals avaialable at bargain prices.

And relatively few CS's available? Look at the trends in sales. There are 7 CS's in the Ferrari Market letter now and 3 this time last year. There are like 20 available as the man said. Sure there are people who will say " I will not sell mine for that" but in reality they are all sitting on the market, where they will stay until their owners decide to sell.

The global economy is not recovering for at least 2 years and all these cars will keep going down at least until then.

2. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    Just a question for those on this thread who feel $130K is the majic number - If a clean, low mileage, no story, serviced, and full history Stradale or better yet several were offered today would you guys pull the trigger and cut a check in the morning? If not why are we even discussing this. So many in this thread are supposedly real buyers and are just waiting for a $10 to 20K drop, call me stupid but life is too short I would rather get to work make the $$$ and have the car if I really desired it.

Just remember a $$$ for anything is relative to many outside factors such as currency rates - Why doesn't anyone want to talk about what the US dollar will be worth next year!

3. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    Bill S:

I hope you're made use of my "old" 200 mile GT3 RS and have enjoyed it!

Many people are odd and only concerned about the downside but don't contemplate the upside - Someone at my office caught a glimpse of this thread yesterday, his comment "down $10K, 20K is just a bad evening in Vegas, but $30K or $40K up is just the start of an interesting night."

4. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004

5,000+ miles!

5. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    I'm talking about the best homes where people pay cash. 7 vs 3 CSs? Sounds like the world is ending.

6. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    +1, so true...

7. scott40

scott40 Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2006
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The Scud market is crashing too now! I am sure they will be 100k by the end of the year. Better get a Ferrari and drive it before the world ends.

8. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #208 Bill S, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    This is very true. When I mentioned I may sell my Rosso Corsa CS with 6K miles and stripe for $175K, I had several emails and PMs from interested people. Many of the real buyers are not posting here, and good CSs are selling quickly. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time parting with the CS and need to decide what other cars go.

My dealer told me that the CS has formed a sort of cult following. I can see that. When I go out on drives, it's by far the fastest car on twisty roads. It's just a light, small compact car that is very easy to drive and very predictable. I call it the "secret weapon". I can drive it faster than a CGT and Enzo on twisty roads. It's not a great GT like these cars, it's a track car like the F40 or F50. The CGT and Enzo are much more fun on high-speed cross-country trips, as they were designed to be. Even my wife, who drove a 360 and is an enthusiast, although maybe not to the extent I am, commented on how much more solid and light the CS felt in comparison.

BTW, I'm saying this as a real car enthusiast that is not selling a CS and I don't care about the value, other than if that value is saying the car is not a very desirable car, which it is! Even at Fiorano, Ferrari's own test track with its own test drivers, the CS is the third fastest car EVER with over 100 less HP than the others (only 1.6 seconds behind an Enzo after driving all out for 1:26 sec!) That shows it's amazing grip, handling behavior, responsiveness, and how easy it is to drive!

1. Scuderia 1:23.9
    2. Enzo 1:24.9
    3. Tie between 599 GTB, CS, and Scuderia 16M at 1:26.5

9. tmario

tmario Formula Junior

May 11, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Agreeing that the CS is special. I was 3 seconds faster around Lime Rock than my GT3 RS. And that is despite having much more experience maybe 75 track days in a Porsche vs 6 in Ferrari's. (same tires, same conditions).

As to value, they are dropping (like everything else). The reality is that (new) F-cars were an anomaly in that their depreciation was so low. But there was always a big bid/ask spread to contend with unless you were part of the select few who were able to buy at list.

There are not a lot of silver linings these days, but one is that these sorts of toys are a lot cheaper. Now if I only had more garage space...

10. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S

+1 well said.The Harley community has a line that I think applies to the stradale community it goes,"If I have to explain you probably wouldn't understand.
    Most Ferrari owners really love their cars if you accept that as truth then multiply that love by ten and you might get an idea of what a stradale owner feels about his car.
    When people go on the attack about the value dropping or "it doesn't shift as fast" or even "it doesn't handle like the newer cars or go as fast".I think to myself as a stradale owner,
    I don't care about the market,I'm not selling and there is no car out there for 200K US that can touch this anyway.
    second, switch into race mode and the shifting is amazing.
    Thrid what good is it to have a raw striped out racer if she can't bite you in the ass if you F up that just makes it more exciting to drive.No matter what people say the CS is a keeper the looks the sound the overall package. If you don't get it oh well, but for all of us who do.Thank you Ferrari for this outstanding automobile which in the future will become even more recognized as so.

11. 360Grigiotitanio

360Grigiotitanio Formula Junior

May 17, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    So if you can find a home that sold for cash the market isn't falling there? Montecito is down like everywhere else. 7 CS's for sale? This thread was started because of the relatively high number of CS's on eBay relative to earlier times. At times 10.

The world may not be ending, but they in effect nationalized Citibank today and it was also announced Q4 GDP contracted by 6.25%, the worst in over 25 years. GE also announced today that it has suspended paying its dividend for the first time in 110 years.

Looks like more than just a brief, rough patch where gentleman's toys will hold their value, don't you think?

Well maintained, low mile CS's will be easily had for $135K within 9 months if not earlier. We can check back here and see, but there are much greater forces at work here than demand for cars with 378 examples on the road. Everything is getting crushed, and CS's are not immune.

12. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    with the bath you would take on your scud joey baby, you can't afford $25:) get a bail out you need it!! great to see you finally admitting scud prices are down, after all your BS

13. gadgetman

gadgetman Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2008
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Curt W
    Joe, the 911 still doesn't come close to the 430. The F still just stirs the soul when you step on the gas. The P, for the purist, has become to smooth and anticeptic. For me, its a perfect balance of comfort, performance and sport. Now, with PDK(with 7 speeds vs 5 in old Tip), the shifting is amazing. In Sport mode it feels faster shifting than the 430. And at 380hp for the 'S' it's gotten pretty fast without having a turbo. (the old tiptronic was horrible and is why i got out of them for awhile) Also for me, i was looking for a great "swiss army knife" since i already have the 430. The 911's are good for '09. alot of improvements. PDK, more hp, touch screen nav, etc. that most people are unaware of.

14. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

1,177 and still going strong, Guido...or, Guiseppe...or Paco. Find a post where I stated that Scuds weren't falling in price, and I will buy that coveted FCaht membership for you. Stevie Wonder can see that prices are falling. That was never my point or stated assertion. So, find that prior post of mine yet?

15. nsgymd

nsgymd Rookie

Dec 13, 2007
    Cincinnati, OH
    Full Name:
    Ron Warnick
  16. gadgetman

gadgetman Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2008
    Westlake Village, Ca
    Full Name:
    Curt W
    Ron, don't know the CS. Do know the dealership. about 12mi. from my house. Bought my '07 430 there last may. I might be able to take a look next week. Feel free to PM me and I'll discuss experiences with them. (mostly positive). They do have a new Sales Manager there, Jason, i think. Seems like a nice change from the prior guy.

17. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I dont think corporate ownership in and of itself is a red flag. It could have been for tax, liability or expense reasons. I would check the name of the corporation and just make sure they were not in the exotic rental business though (I'm not aware of any exotic rental company ever renting CS's). In researching CS's prior to my recent purchase I was suprised at the number of TDF blue cars that were known to have been damaged, particularly for a relatively rare color. None the less, this car is not one of those. It looks absolutely stunning and has low miles. Do a car fax on it, negotiate a price subject to PPI.

18. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Whats the point of a roof line air scoop if its not connected to anything? the engine draws air from the side intakes so cooling the engine bay is all that would do, with not much positive effect imo and not much of an aesthetic addition either. If they had to "scoop" it, a lower profile job would have looked better. If it wasa connected and providing ram air, that would be interesting. I think that car will be hard to sell with all the good cs cars available now.

19. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    #220 Prancing 12, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
    Agreed - he should start looking into returning the car to stock, or at least have the parts standing by.

Slightly OT, but I didn't want to start a new thread (and my searches haven't found anything) -

If looking at a CS with ~20k miles, should the brakes have been done? If they haven't been done, what is the approx. cost? TIA

Edit - NM, found my answer here - http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243678

20. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

That's some low mileage! Wish it were an OEM striped car. Removing the scoop would be the easy part, acquiring a new lexan window likely the bigger (and more expensive) PIA.

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Watt, OMG, 8 Strads now on eBay. LOL!! But then again, how many of the 8 do not have a story? At least one, the black w/ gold wheels is legit.

The media car, #133305 has been for sale since July 2008. What gives?

22. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  23. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
  24. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've got a pretty complete list also but atleast 1 car gets added to it every week.

Also, there's something about Ebay and "crap Stradale's". If I had a Stradale for sale, I wouldn't put it on ebay. It's like assumed that if it's on Ebay it's been wrecked.

There are however many sites listing them. Google "Challenge Stradale for sale" and click on the AOL Cars link for a pretty good listing.