helping our fellows with maintenance tech... | FerrariChat

helping our fellows with maintenance tech...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by f-man, Mar 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This dated post by RF (how to drop 355 engine) was great. I think if the fellow membership who are mechanically inclined could somehow create the same format for all service and maintenance work for every f-car it would be fantastic. If the organisers of f-chat could make it a permanent accessable referance guide category I think it would further bond the f-chat fraternity. Our membership would be more inclined to tackle even the easy stuff and share their experiences. I for one would be eternally grateful.

2. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Great idea. Link?

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

An idea that has been proposed by many, many times. So far no go.

4. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Maybe the missing link is compensation in the form of a royalty payable to the respective author each time it is called upon paid for by the subscriber. The cereberal wattage at f-chat admin. could certainly organize/implement this and format it. I for one who is reasonably mechanically inclined would pay for it. Some times there are tricks to aviod catastrophe/excessive time for certain tasks. It would definetly help the membership feel the complete ownership experience and help them appreciate their cars more. I've changed the oil, a control arm and done a brake job on mine. I really appreciate the cars technology and how the cars are built. I think the membership could benefit on many different levels. Maybe incentive is the key???

My .02

5. ninot

ninot Karting

Feb 7, 2004
    Sunny Staffordshire
    Full Name:
    Nino
    make a wiki site?

6. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I frequently visit a Mercedes car forum (where I've done several write-ups myself) and they post them all under a section called "Resources" under which you click "DIY articles." Jobs are then organized by engine and chassis. Its a wonderful resource. Ferrari ownership won't be possible for me without the generous people who take the time to write these "how to" articles for F-cars.

Scott

7. f-man

f-man Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 10, 2008
    canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I'd be interested in jetfixr/enginefxr opinions. Come on guys, we need ya!