Amelia Island, March 13-15 | FerrariChat

Amelia Island, March 13-15

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Anderson, Mar 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Anderson

Anderson Karting

Nov 6, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    David Anderson
    I am making plans to attend this event and am hoping someone will give me some tips on the event, avoiding crowds, parking, etc., etc. I am from Colorado and have never attended this event. Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks

David
    1979 Lamborghini LP400S Countach (not making the trip this year)

2. Mrpbody44

Mrpbody44 F1 Veteran

Jul 5, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Full Name:
    Steve Metz
    What info do you need is your trip budget high or low. Like any event get there early. I park near the event on the side of the road or pay a home owner to park in their drive. I fill a cooler with drinks and food and leave the event and picnic in the car. The best bathrooms are in the golf course club house next to the pro shop. Bring a hat as the sun can get you and also bring a jacket as it can get cold and windy as well.

3. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    There is also parking at the airport for a fee with a shuttle service IIRC. We usually park down the road and walk the mile in to the event. Food is expensive for what you get as is the hotel IMHO. If you don't want, or can't afford, to pay the price of the event hotel just run an Orbitz and Travelocity for another Amelia Island area hotel. Get there early on Saturday and you can see the auction cars for free on the lawn and under the tent as well as the vendors before they are picked apart. (Although given the economy this year that probably will not be a problem) Tickets for the seminar and Sunday show can be purchased on site with no problems. It is a pretty low key event. Very laid back atmosphere.

4. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I'll be there for the first time also.

I found a hotel on the north side of Jacksonville for $50/night... the ones on the island were $300/night with a 2-3 night min.

I'll drive the 20 miles and save the $.

Just a guess... but getting there EARLY Sunday is likely key to have a few less hassles.

If ya want to meet up, lets do it. PM me for contact info.

or just look for the 6'7" guy wearing either a black/white ska porkpie or a wide brim shade hat. :D

5. Dino Scuderia

Dino Scuderia Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2005
    Southeast US
    Great show as usual....the weather turned perfect Sunday.

The auction setup was knackered due to construction....the cars and people were too jammed together.

Fabulous cars....this show is never a disappointment.