New 599 at MSRP | FerrariChat

New 599 at MSRP

Discussion in '612/599' started by RBK, Mar 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Was just visitiing San Diego Ferrari and they offered me a all black 2008 for MSRP, which I understand is about $25,000 less than 2009. Just thought I would share. I sat in the same dealership a year and half ago and it would have cost me $150,000 more. Best

2. PRS29

PRS29 Karting

Dec 5, 2006
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Eilon
    Yup. Definitely shouldn't be paying more for msrp on a brand new 599 now. A 2008 should even be below msrp now. Even Scuderias should be msrp now for a new car. Its a buyers market.

3. SS2012

SS2012 Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Yap~ Pretty soon it's going to be a "Buy a brand new Ferrari, get a Maserati for Free!" economy.

4. PvtCounsel

PvtCounsel Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    All dealers across the country have inventory in all models that they cannot sell. Prices seem to be coming down pretty quickly, yet inventory is stacking up. Every dealer has at least one Scuderia at sticker. What is going to happen when the Scuderia Spider arrives with coupes still unsold? What will ferrari do when they increase the next generation 430's by $100k as planned, when new 430s are still available? California orders may not be as strong as they all thought, once the car starts arriving. Silicon Valley has at least six 599's available. Wynn Penske is trying to unload old inventory pretty agressively. I laugh at all these dealers trying in vain to keep asking prices at what they were 2 years ago. I believe that the dealers will have to store and hold these cars on their books until they reach a price that everyone is willing to pay, which may be at a substantial loss. No more mortgage money to inflate the prices for the next few years. Many cars are being returned to the finance company as the buyers are so upside down that it would make no sense to try to pay them down. These are a uncertain time. Good luck to everyone.

5. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    I've seen that growing inventory at Ferrari Silicon Valley. I suspect some of those 599s are on consignment. But cars that are on floorplan credit, I shudder to think what it's costing dealers every month in interest expense, and depreciation. Ferrari San Francisco is a factory store. Their inventory hasn't changed since last summer, and they don't seem to be aggressively pricing their merchandise to move it.

6. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Presently, you can buy 2 Scuderia's (I know of) at MSRP, get top dollar for your used 430, and be placed "first" on the 430 replacement list. I think all options except reduced pricing have been offered. Best

7. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

What was the MSRP on it? How was it optioned?

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Everyone buying ANY new Ferrari is now promised to be the "FIRST" on the list for the 430 replacement.
    Most dealers have already 5-6 guys expecting their "first" in line car.
    Good luck,first allocations will go to regulars anyway........

9. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I recall one at $298,00 and the other at $301,000, and did not note options. Both red with Black interior (Alcantra).
    One with Gold Wheels (not my taste). Best

10. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

Was there a black car there too?

Thanks.

11. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes, there was a "used" Black Scud with an asking price higher than the new Red Scud offered to me. I understood the dealer could not sell the used one for much less which he said made the (one off) MSRP (surprise allocation) a really good deal. Best

12. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

But, no black 599? I thought they had one--must have sold it.

13. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Hello,

Unless my two Chicago area dealers are hiding their new inventory, I have to disagree. I've recently visited both Lake Forest Sportscars and Continental AutoSports. LFSC has a new 612 and a demo (612) AutoSports also has a new 612. No new 599's no new F430's... Maybe the selection is greater on the West coast. But not here

Joe

14. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There is a new all black 599 MSRP $330's. Best

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    They (LFSC) have new 430 coupe ,White with Bordeaux Daytonas (with Black inserts),Red Metallic 430 (Parlato's company car),new 430 Scuderia in Black that Mkultra decided to pass.

16. PvtCounsel

PvtCounsel Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Ferrari of SF is a company store, so they may have the ability to withstand the declining market longer, however, since they are a company store, they probably had better insight in the declining market and paid less for these cars. Most of the 599 inventory at silicon is on consignment, but why are so many owners getting rid of the cars? Is it a Stop loss sale? Many dealers have liquidated their inventory in anticipation of this declining market and have switched over to consignment as a means of stocking their showrooms. Their only fears is idle old inventory and new inventory, i.e. Scuderias. However, anything and everything can be sold at the right price. In this market, there are still ferrari buyers that are eager to purchase, but just not at a premiums that the dealers have become accustom to. The Mortgage brokers of the last few years are gone, and they were primarily responsible to overpaying in all luxury markets from cars to homes to other luxury goods. The survivors in this economy are those who properly reserved for a downturn, not those who spent like it was never going to end. Did anyone really believe that homes and ferraris would climb forever and forever in price?

17. Tax Dr-2

Tax Dr-2 Karting

Dec 12, 2008
    Amen. I have been in the market for about 20 years. Have seen ups and downs. I have acquired Ferrari's for the enjoyment and not to try to make $$$$. Have a Scuderia spider scheduled for next month and a CA for July to add to my 599 and Enzo. Glad the market is returning to earth.

18. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    #18 thoang, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    Congrats to you. I need a good tax doctor for FY2008. Know of one? :D I'm inclined to believe those 599s are stop loss sales. Don't let today's bear rally fool you. 2009 will be an extremely bad year in the economy. I wonder with the credit bubble popped and everyone downsizing, will Ferrari lower prices on new models as they have surely cut expenses? I think there's fewer buyers out there with appetite for $300K plus sports cars.