Ferrari f430 or Corvette ZR1 | FerrariChat

Ferrari f430 or Corvette ZR1

Discussion in '360/430' started by howydo, Mar 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    If you had both and one had to go, which one would it be? The Corvette is faster, handles better and has incredible brakes but the Ferrari is a Ferrari.

2. jorge.rios

jorge.rios F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 2, 2006
    Monterrey
    Full Name:
    Jorge
    Enough said...

3. yobgreen88

yobgreen88 Karting

Oct 2, 2008
    Fort Myers FL
    Full Name:
    Branden Green
    Agreed... love the ZR1 but there is really no thinking involved in this decision IMO

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Already had my fun with a stock 430, so I'd love to try the ZR1 at some point. Do not get me wrong the 430 is an amazing car, but as car lover, as well as a Ferrari car lover, I really like the ZR1.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The ZR1 handles better? Depends on your definition. Obviously, you've never driven an F430.

I don't need a car that has a piece of glass on the hood to show... an boring aluminum casting.

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Both are great cars for differant reasons, both are unqiue and both have differant layout so direct comparison is pretty meaningless in my opinion.

7. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank Karting

May 6, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Bdelp, the main thing you can see through the glass on my 430 spider is a boring aluminum casting.

You must be fair--Chevy is stupidly copying a stupid Ferrari gimmick.

As to the question, I'm guessing the ZR1 might be as fun as a F430. But a F430 Spider beats both for fun hands down.

8. drf3576

drf3576 Karting

Dec 25, 2006
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Dane Frauenholz
    too easy...F

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #9 TheMayor, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't know what you see but I see an engine under the F430's glass... and it sure ain't boring. Have you seen the Chevy's? I have and I needed Red Bull afterwards....ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Fiorano1

Fiorano1 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    Coral Springs, FL
    Full Name:
    Haywood Jabloemi
    The most amazing thing is what you see under the cheap clear plastic window on the hood (yes...cheap plastic and not even glass) is a fake insert of what is supposed to represent an engine which is even more pathetic :(

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    As a previous multiple Corvette Owner, I would say the 430 in a heartbeat. Just sit in both.

12. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    I've never driven a ZR1, but I owned a C6 Z06 for over a year. The Corvette's a fast and capable sports car, no doubt, but the 430 has a certain racy feel that the Corvette just does not duplicate. Plus, unless you live in the right area, or are tracking, it's hard to enjoy the ZR1's superior speed. IMO, the 430 is plenty powerful/fast for the road.. give it throttle and the car moves, no question.

Also, I agree with bdelp.. when I look through the Ferrari's clear bonnet, I see a motor and aluminum framework.. i.e., a whole lot more than a ZR1's intercooler and plastic trim. True, there's less of a view through the Spider's glass, but it's still a lot more pleasing than what the Corvette offers.

I'm not downing the ZR1, it's a fantastic car (and American, for which I'm proud).

13. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    Chevy did good on this one. Plenty powerful, CCBs, CF parts to reduce weight, etc....and the motor. Supercar #s with a price tag just north of $110k. That is, however, only $30k less than a used F430 now. The ZR1 would be a great toy to have for the track, but if I had to choose, I would go with F430.

14. jdwheeler

jdwheeler Rookie

Nov 28, 2007
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Buy a Casio instead of an IWC.

Much more accurate for a fraction of the price.

15. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #15 TrojanHorse, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Agreed wholeheartedly--and no corvette, at least in the post 60's era, looks anywhere near as good in your driveway! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Four30Spider

Four30Spider Karting

Apr 22, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Unless you were using the car exclusively on the track, then the 430 without doubt.

17. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Beautiful car and house.

18. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    Its all been said...430 all the way......Its never boring, always fun, and it's a Ferrari

19. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    Could not have said it better myself.

Hmmm, one million HP CORVETTE or a 480hp Ferrari??? Woulldn't even think about the Vette!

20. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    At the end of the day although the ZR1 is a capable car, it is just a corvette. There are tens of thousands of them on the road, and you can't tell its anything "special" until you are on top of it. A 430 is distinct, hand built, peice of art, with quality components and fine leather.
    Also, drive a ZR1 hard in a turn and hang on because the seats aren't going to hold you, do the same thing in a 430, then decide!

21. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

no brainer
    Corvettes are a dime a dozen IMHO

A Ferrari is a Ferrari!!

22. enzokidd

enzokidd Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2009
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shaunt
    the zr1 is an absolute beast..but..THE F430 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

23. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I say go for the corvette....

Anyone that asks a silly question like that belongs in a corvette so we keep you out of the Ferrari gene pool :)

24. sjolly

sjolly Guest

Apr 10, 2006
    toronto
    are you asking this question on a ferrari forum or a corvette forum.. try thinking first before you post a rhetorical question

25. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    I go with the F430 cause its a Ferrari with a soul.