Fantastic line up for Risi includes Ferrari Factory Driver Kaffer | FerrariChat

Fantastic line up for Risi includes Ferrari Factory Driver Kaffer

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by jknight, Mar 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Just read on Planet LeMans - this is fantastic and icing on the cake is Mika at Sebring and Petit!!!

Risi Competizione has completed its line-up for the upcoming American Le Mans Series season. German Pierre Kaffer will join the team as a factory driver and will race together with Brazilian Jaime Melo in the full series. The pair will be joined by Mika Salo at Sebring and Petit Le Mans.

For Kaffer it will be a busy season. Not only will the 32-years old German race for Risi Competizione in the American Le Mans Series alongside Jaime Melo, he will also race in the Le Mans Series in Europe.

On his website Kaffer made it clear he and Melo have only one target: winning the 2009 GT2 title in the American Le Mans Series. According to Kaffer talks on becoming a works Ferrari driver started before the end of last year and right from the start it was clear that Risi Competizion wanted a line-up capable of winning the GT2 championship. Kaffer is very positive about being able to win the series: “I am certain that the combination of Jaime and myself on such a well-prepared car can fulfill these expectations.”

Melo and Kaffer will be joined by Mika Salo at Sebring, Petit Le Mans as well as the Le Mans 24 Hours.

Talking about a European campaing Kaffer confirmed that a top seat in the Le Mans Series is still planned. Even though Kaffer did not say anything about his team in the Le Mans Series yet, the provisional entry list for the series still has Kaffer listed as one of the Farnbacher Racing drivers. “More information in a couple of days”, so says Kaffer on his site.

There have been many rumours about Pierre Kaffer and Risi, glad to see them come to furition. Doubly glad to see Mika back too if only for a couple races.

Carol

2. Modeler

Modeler F1 Veteran

May 19, 2008
    State of confusion
    Full Name:
    a.n.other
    ALMS GT-2 gets a little more oxygen!
    Great news!

3. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Jaime and Mika are two of the nicest guys I have ever met. Met them both at Long Beach, and were very cool.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    good news for Risi! I'm really excited about this year's GT2 lineups. should be a(nother) great season!