Cozza at Maserati Owner National Meet | FerrariChat

Cozza at Maserati Owner National Meet

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by italiancars, Mar 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #1 italiancars, Mar 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Congratulations Joe: well done!

May I ask if the (relatively) new owner of the tipo 65 -last car on the right in the bottom photo- is the same who now owns the last true surviving tipo 151?

best regards,

Marc

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Marc,
    ....yes, he is!!

Ciao!
    Walter

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks Walter!

5. Wolf

Wolf Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2003
    Both owned by Laurence Ariana. Both cars - according to Adolfo Orsi - still in the same unrestored condition like when bought by Orsi for Auriana at the Gstaad Bonhams auction. I was the underbidder for the Tipo 65, but unfortunately my pockets are not as deep as Auriana´s.

Regards

Wolfi

6. Serenissma

Serenissma Formula 3

Apr 12, 2008
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Magnus Andersson
    In 1973 the tipo65 was white. Owen in England painted it in this red. Isn't that right Walter?

Kind regards,
    Magnus

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    #7 wbaeumer, Mar 8, 2009
    Magnus,
    ....correct! The car also suffered some body-changes over the years and needs a resto today! It was first painted white, then got the Italian stripes, repainted in red with French colors as stripes and air-flaps on the nose. Here is the car in bare alloy when it was just finished in a backyard of the Factory (Copyright: Walter Bäumer, 2009).

I have a full photographic documentation in my humble archive, showing the various stages of assembling & development.

Ciao!
    Walter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #8 italiancars, Mar 8, 2009
    Larry intends to restore the Tipo 65 back to its original spec as well as the Tipo 151. He had no intention of showing the car prior to that restoration, however luckily for us Larry has been a long time supporter of Le Belle Macchine d'Italia and understood the Historical Significance of what we were we trying to accomplish and graciously allowed the Tipo 65 to be displayed to help complete the set.

We are very much indebted to him.

Joe
    Here are some other shots from last year

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Joe,
    the car clearly deserves to get back to its original livery and shape! I hope Mr. Auriana gets a good supervisor of the resto.........!

Ciao!
    Walter

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks all:

I remember seeing it at Rosso Bianco in 95, along with the 151 and the replica of 151/3 and you could tell it was built in a hurry (as they of course only had a few weeks between the April test day in which Casner was killed in the 151/3 and the race itself) but it would be nice to see it run.

As discussed in the Tom Meade thread the car is used in the movie the Fuller report: it is mostly white and driven around the Modena Autodromo. There is a photo of it there.

best regards,

Marc