FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES | FerrariChat

FCA 09 Nationals - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Mar 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #1 tifosi12, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009

2. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #2 Dave Bendl, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    Start Your Engines Tifosi's!
    The dedicated web site for FCA 2009 International Meet to be held in Elkhart Lake, Wi. July 29th - August 2, 2009 is now live. The web address is: http://www.fca2009.org/

Please visit the site. You can view the activity details, register on-line for this upcoming local event, and obtain details for the Osthoff Resort which will be the host hotel. The concours will be held on the beautiful grounds of the Osthoff Resort.

The event theme features Ferrari Boxers including 365BB and 512 series road cars and the 512BB/LM race cars. There will be a reunion of 333SP's as well. The event will also include a road rally starting with a lap of Road America then meeting at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.

I personally have attended this annual event by driving my Boxer to and from the different destinations in the last four years. Every year the fun factor of the event just gets better. Whether you are into the concours, road rally, track, or all of the activities of the International meet, this will be the event to attend for 2009. The track meet for this years event will be held at Road America. I have found talking to many, Road America has the utmost respect for being one of the finest, and challenging high speed tracks in America.

A Formula 1 ticket is the way I'm going.
    See you there!
    Dave

3. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Registered on line last night. Got the first spot out of 50 for the Drivers school +++ Lots of track time! Tickets are in the mail. I also tried to log on that site last week and it wasn't up yet. Thanks for the update. Its so close to home. Can't even think about missing it. Hope to see a lot of you there.

4. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #4 Dave Bendl, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
    Congrats on the first spot at drivers school. There's always something to do at the annual meet with such a busy agenda. You bet, being so close to home, I can't imagine not being there. Bought a Zamp FSA-1 Snell SA2005 full helmet for the track. A first for me.

Dave

5. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    Are we going to see some Boxer Drift or 308 spin? ;)

6. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    #6 speed racer, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    Registered!

7. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Oh hell yes, I'm there!!! :D:D:D May I ask where they are getting the BBLM from?

8. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #8 Carsleuth, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Dan,
    I'm glad you posted these since it reminds me to take care of something. The second shot where I'm bent over was during the Coppa Bella competition. A retaining nut for one of the headlight control arms came loose while I was being judged. The light buckets worked fine during the field concours, but failed during the Coppa. In the Coppa, if something fails you get 1 hour to fix the issue. If you can't, you are out of the competition. When I tightened the nut, and the judge when to test the lights, one bucket raised and the other went down. It took me a few minutes to sort out that problem, but it worked out. I need to apply some Locktite to the threads of the nut so that never happens again.

Dave

10. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    I remember it well!

11. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    I'm registered and have my hotel room reserved. Signed up for the F2, Drivers School, Concours, Track tour, and non-competitive rally. I am looking forward to the meet.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Let's keep a tab on the locals:

Dave BBi
    Gerry 328
    Pete 599
    Andreas 308

13. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    JohnnyS is also going

14. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    #14 Carsleuth, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    I am going. Will sign up for F2. Hotel reservation is in and my better half is planning on going.

16. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Will be there with the 365 BB...

17. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hotel has been booked, see you out there

18. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Since I'm a non-owner and going to view and meet people do I need to register? I looked at the site and seemed to only be able to find registration info for track activities combined with other activities.

19. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    I'm an owner and FCA member. I don't want to enter my car in any concours or track events but I would like to be able to attend those events as a spectator. Is there any option for that?

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #20 tifosi12, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    I'm not a FCA spokesperson (just a happy member), so this is not an official answer: I don't think you need to register. However if you want to join any of the dinners/banquets, you should probably talk to a FCA official.

I don't see why you couldn't just attend as a spectator: At the very least the Concours is open to the public and most likely the track as well (not sure on this, but I think it wasn't an issue in past events).

But more importantly: You should join some of the activities, it is a ton of fun and a rare opportunity to have the Nationals right in your back yard. My car is neither a racer nor a concours car, but I have it in the concours "for display only" and will enjoy the rally as well as some less spirited touring of the track on Saturday. There are so many venues to participate in, have fun and even learn a few things, it'd be a shame to not bring your car. Honestly.

Let's keep a tab on the locals:

Dave BBi
    Geno 365BB
    Pete 599
    Gerry 328
    Johnny 328
    Andreas 308

PS: I did little bit of house cleaning in this thread to keep the message on point.

21. birddog

birddog Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I'm registered - Concourse, Driver's School, Track Touring, & Track Events Sat & Sun. Registered the wife and kids too - I think they'll get a kick out of the touring sessions. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the "locals". Also - I've got a great B&B recommendation if anyone isn't going to stay at the Osthoff.

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Keep' em coming folks:

Dave BBi
    Geno 365BB
    Pete 599
    Gerry 328
    Johnny 328
    Ed Mondial 3.2
    Andreas 308

23. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    There is a BBLM in Milwaukee. Races in the Ferrari Historic Challenge. We drove together to Pebble Beach in 2004. He must be showing and driving at the meet.

Norbert

24. andy6789

andy6789 Formula Junior

May 2, 2005
    Milwaukee Wi
    Full Name:
    Andy
    #24 andy6789, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    Jim F. has an f40 that he cruises around in all the time in the summer and a few other very special cars.

25. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    Well... I would actually LOVE to participate in ALL the events (driver's school, track days, concours) because like you said how often is the national event going to be so close to home but the current economic climate makes it difficult for me to come up with the $1290 F1 + school registration fees plus $300/night hotel expenses. Which is disappointing since earlier this year I spent $350 to buy a SA2005 helmet primarily for the track parts of this event. Did not anticipate business taking a huge dump right after that. I live about 65 miles from Elkhart Lake, I suppose I could get up really early in the morning each day and drive up there and sleep at home saving on the hotel bill, and sign up F2 and for the driving tour instead of F1 plus driver's school. Have to think about this, and carefully count my pennies.

What is the policy on guests? If my wife or a friend want to come along do they have to pay for at least an F2 registration? Or can they tag along and pay for their own meals at the venue? Or ? The costs add up fast...

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for any answers!