What ever happened to...Jean Todt???? | FerrariChat

What ever happened to...Jean Todt????

Discussion in 'F1' started by Wolfgang5150, Mar 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Ever since he was shown the door, he has been remarkebly invisible; anybody know what he has been up to????
    Kevin S.

2. Ferrari360Stradale

Jan 30, 2008
    Probably relaxing on his yacht while giving his son, Nicholas, advice on how to manage Felipe Massa and ART Grand Prix.

3. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #3 RP, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    From Ferrari Shareholders' Meeting: 18th March 2008

FERRARI SHAREHOLDERS' MEETING: THE RECORD 2007 BALANCE SHEET APPROVED AND MANDATES TO ALL DIRECTORS RENEWED FOR THE FOLLOWING 3 YEARS

LUCA DI MONTEZEMOLO CONFIRMED PRESIDENT BY THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

AMEDEO FELISA APPOINTED NEW CEO

JEAN TODT GIVEN SPECIAL APPOINTMENTS BY THE PRESIDENT, AFTER ELECTING TO RELINQUISH HIS POSITION AS CEO

Felisa will now also succeed Todt as CEO. Meanwhile "Todt will stay on in certain limited capacities for Ferrari, including a seat on the board, the presidency of both Ferrari Asia Pacific and Ferrari West Europe as well as representation of the Scuderia on the FIA World Council. Todt announced that he had stayed on as chief executive only until company president Luca di Montezemolo completed his term as head of industrial group Confindustria, and that he was now moving on to dedicate more time to himself and his other interests.'' One of them fiancee Michelle Yeoh.

From GRANDPRIX.COM:

MARCH 19, 2008

The future of Jean Todt?

Ferrari has confirmed the long-awaited news that Jean Todt has left his current position at Ferrari. The 62-year-old Frenchman, who has run Ferrari's racing operations since July 1993, has yet to give any details of his future plans, but we are hearing increasing rumours that Todt will make a run for the FIA presidency in 2009, when current incumbent Max Mosley stands down. Logically, this would be with Mosley's support. Mosley (68) is a great fan of Todt.

Ferrari said that Luca di Montezemolo will replace Tost as the company president and Amedeo Felisa will take over as chief executive officer. Felisa, also 62, has been with Ferrari since 1990. Todt will remain on the board of directors of Ferrari SpA and will continue in his role as president of Ferrari Asia Pacific and Ferrari Western Europe. He will also continue to represent Ferrari on the FIA World Council, which appears to be a clear sign of his future intentions.

Ferrari has nominated the following to the board of Ferrari for the next three years: Luca di Montezemolo, Piero Ferrari (Enzo Ferrari's son), Jean Todt, Amedeo Felisa, Alfredo Altavilla, Diego della Valle, Christopher Gent (former head of Vodafone), Ferruccio Luppi, Sergio Marchionne (FIAT), Paolo Monferino, Lindsay Owen-Jones (former CEO of L'Oreal), Marco Piccinini (the FIA Deputy President) and Sergio Pininfarina.

The next FIA election for president will be in October 2009. There is likely to be much opposition to Todt in FIA circles although the move may not be greeted with much enthusiasm in the F1 world.

4. F328GTS/GTB

F328GTS/GTB Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Denis
    In my opinion, Todt will leave Ferrari in short / medium timing.
    It is very uncommun to not have any news of him for a so long time.
    He has other big challenge to do (especially in medical research "ICM" in Paris).

I read last week Ferrari official magazines #1 and 2 : no word about JT, no picture : nothing.
    The only man you see in these magazines is ...Luca di Montezemolo.

Future will see but I assume 2009 will be his last year in Ferrari...

Ferrari deserves a lot to him.

5. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
  6. luminere1

luminere1 Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #6 luminere1, Mar 7, 2009
    what a shame that he is leaving and retiring from the "sport".. I believe that he contributed to the utmost success of the scuderia in his time.. In my opinion he was the true master in organisation and logisitics.. appoint the appropriate people into their positions and allow them to get on with the job without the outside forces and influences to distract them with the job at hand.. while he worried about dealing with them.. a napolean virute in a sence.. the big picture.. I remember pictures of him taping up his fingers so that he would not bite his nails to the bone! through the stress and worry! I have the utmost respect for him as a leader.

Matt

7. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #7 RP, Mar 8, 2009
    I think the more interesting rumor is that there will be a political move to end Mosley's reign and place Jean Todt to replace him if not in late 2009, sometime in 2010. Although he is too close to the sport, he will likely represent the owners much better with Eccelstone than Mosely. Todt plays hardball much better than Mosley.

We'll see.

8. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Thank you Jean for the 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 Constructor's World Championships.

The team you led along with Luca, Brawn and Michael reminded was truely amongst the best in F1. It made me and millions of other Ferrari fans truely proud to be associated with Scuderia Ferrari.

Thank you for the memories!

9. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    #9 DM18, Mar 9, 2009
    Back to the topic - I am also curious about what JT will do next. Anyone with real information please post!!!

JT is a fantastic man with huge energy and knowledge and I am sure he will resurface sometime. In the meantime I hope he really is enjoying his beautiful fiancee and life they have together. I had the privilege of spending some time with JT on his farewell swing through Asia while he handed over to his successor, Marco Mattiacci, and I cannot say enough kind things about JT and his fiancee. JT's successor in Asia, Marco Mattiacci, is also an amazing person and we are lucky that Luca di M assigned such a capable man to our part of the world.
    I got to know JT quite well and he is very straight-forward. Ferrari blood flows through his veins.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    He's probably chillin with michelle yeoh in his ranch in Terrengganu :)

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #11 tifosi12, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
    I would love to know what he is doing and what the future will hold for him. In some way he strikes me as having the same problem as the moonwalkers had upon their return: How can you top that career? He was successful as a racer (Rally), team manager in Rally, turned around Ferrari (along with a few high calibre friends), successful with Ferrari in F1 and finally CEO of the company. And got a Bond girl.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I did a little house cleaning with this thread and brought it back on topic.

My sincere apologies to all of you whose messages got deleted.

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Why would people have their messages deleted or changed in this thread? Did Todt call and complain?

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    No he didn't, but I'm old enough to realize when I made a mistake and clean up after it.

BTW: No message got its content changed. Just some parts got deleted.

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    No worries Andreas, all is good.

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Not a problem. You done good.

17. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    #17 Far Out, Mar 9, 2009
    Didn't you know there's a big red phone in Maranello that has a direct connection to Rob Lay? Actually, that's what Todt's "special assignment" is all about - scanning FChat and ringing the alarm if something doesn't suit him!

All joking aside, I think that Todt has more than earned some time for himself and his family. He achieved everything a man in his branch of profession can ever dream of achieving!

18. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

I'm not a religious man Andreas - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not upset the red men...;)

19. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Very honorable!
    Kevin

20. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Schumi, Brawn, Todt.

Those were the days my friend....

21. canadiantifosi

canadiantifosi Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2008
    uh...guess...
    Full Name:
    Canadian Tifosi Sr.
    #21 canadiantifosi, Mar 9, 2009
    Unlikely that we will ever see such a trio of superstars sharing in one common goal as these three champions did with the rebuilding and dominance of Ferrari. F1 is quickly becoming either to corporate or an ego trip for leaders who fly solo refusing to share the limelight.

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada

22. canadiantifosi

canadiantifosi Formula Junior

Jul 2, 2008
    uh...guess...
    Full Name:
    Canadian Tifosi Sr.
    #22 canadiantifosi, Mar 9, 2009
    Mods - please delete this double post -thanks

23. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ