Window Seal Replacement | FerrariChat

Window Seal Replacement

Discussion in '348/355' started by junglistluder, Feb 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #1 junglistluder, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. MaterMech

MaterMech Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2007
    Los Gatos CA
    Full Name:
    Mark Johnson
    It's fairly easy. Take of the interior triangle held on by philips screws. Take off the mirror that is held on by three 10mm nuts. Use a skinny magnet tool to make sure the washers don't fall down in the door. Dissconect the plug for the mirror and remove the mirror and the outer black triangle. That rubber pieces is held on by little circular one-way keepers. You will need a sharp pick to bend up the tangs and remove the keepers. You may be able to save the rubber piece if it looks like it is holding its shape. I think you lost one of the keepers or the rubber torn. Once the keepers are off you can tap the tangs back down and reuse. It helps to have two people when you remove the last 10mm nut on the mirror. If the washers or nuts fall into the door it's not the end of the world you can just get new ones at the hardware store if you dont feel like taking more of the door appart. I use rubber contact cement to glue the washer on before reinstalling the nuts. It helps so you are not fumbling with nuts and washers at the same time. A 1/4" drive ratchet with a 6" extention and 10mm socket is all you need.

3. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    amazing, thank you!!!!

4. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    #4 junglistluder, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. lotusk

lotusk Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London UK
    what's that gap between the window/door sill and the little rubber sill underneath the mirror quarter..............I thought there was only one continuous sill not 2?????????