Problems to repair my 348 | FerrariChat

Problems to repair my 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by marc556, Mar 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen
    #1 marc556, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Dear All,
    My car was damaged on the front left corner. I saw that when I bough the car...
    But it seems to be a little bit more important than my first idea.
    I 've changed some body parts as you can see on the pictures. I tried to restore the original axis of the car with an hydraulic tool, but it is not perfect because I don't have any dimensions.
    Could you help me and give me the distance A, B, C ( as precise as possible).
    You can see on the right side, 3 plastic parts ( X) where the trim is fitted, you have the same plastic parts on the left side (not shown on the picture).
    I want to know the distance between these 6 plastic parts ( A, B, C),by this way I shall be able to know if I have to pull more on the left side frame.
    Sorry , i'm not at home for 3 or 4 weeks, so I'm not able to give you a more precise picture.
    The distance between the reinforcements where are fitted the two lower levers (wishbones) should be I good additional info
    Many many thanks in advance

regards
    Marc
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen
    Nobody is able to help me?

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I don't think the reference points shown in your diagram would help you much unless you were sure they were symmetrical across the centerline of the frame. The distances themselves could be correct, but they could be off center. You may need to contact a Ferrari authorized collision repair center for a frame diagram, which should have side-to-side, front-to-back, and diagonal measurements from fixed locations. There does not appear to be such a diagram in the workshop manual, but I would assume that one was produced.

4. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen
    Thanks for you reply.
    I can confirm that the right side is perfectly in original condition because on this side, wing and bonnet are correctly positioned.
    I've tried to find the info from Ferrari, but without succes.
    Do you know someone able to help me ?

5. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I'll make a note to ask around on Monday to see if I can get a copy of the 348 frame diagram.

6. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen
    Jeff, I thank you very very very much