Ferrari I-Pod problem | FerrariChat

Ferrari I-Pod problem

Discussion in '360/430' started by dom1015, Mar 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I have a 2008 Scuderia with Factory Nav and I-Pod adapter. It functions perfectly accept that every time I try to get to the library of music on the I-Pod I have a problem. Here is the problem = when I go to the "media" button on the head unit to gain access to the I-Pod menu, it goes to the beginning of the music library everytime without fail, no matter where I was in the library previously and I have to turn the wheel forever to get back to where I was in the library. Has anyone else noticed this, and if so does anyone know of a solution. FYI my I-Pod is brand new, but I also swapped it out with older I-Pod's to test it and it behaves the same way, so I know that is not the cause of the problem. please help!!

2. sting168

sting168 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    Same here. You could try using playlists.

3. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

That's the way it is. Playlists are helpful. I create a few for diff moods. We are lucky the radio even reads the ipod.
    As far as Ferrari is concerned, be happy you even have a radio.

4. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I am hopefully picking up my Scuderia in the next ten days..but, I didn't order the I pod connection. What are my options to using on I pod with the radio and navigation unit?

5. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You would first need an I-Pod cable, they can be ordered from any Becker distributer for $100.00. They plug in to the back of the factory unit.
    They work great, except one flaw, the menu goes back to the first song in the Library everytime you use it, it doesn't retain song position.

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    A $100 order? Are you sure, the option list here in Canada states $1108.00 for the i pod connection. Gotta love Ferrari for charging 10 times the value for an option. :) Btw, is it easy enough to connect the i pod cable to the back of the factory unit?

7. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I purchase mine from caraudiosecurity.com in London England, as Becker dealers are hard to find in the U.S. They were very helpful, exported it the next day to the U.S. and I received it in less than a week. I think I paid about $30 additional with tax and shipping. It plugged right in to the back of the head unit and works perfectly. You can of course pay your dealer the one hour of labor to install it. Good Luck