How do I spot a FHP 575? | FerrariChat

How do I spot a FHP 575?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ILLUFA, Mar 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ILLUFA

ILLUFA Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Indo
    Full Name:
    H
    I bought my 575 recently. My friend (the previous owner) claimed that he ordered the Fiorano package when he first bought it. How do I know if it is a FHP car? Thanks guys.

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    A bit difficult to eyeball the options except for the larger brakes which were typically painted red. However, as you may already know, red calipers does not automatically indicate the car is equipped with the FHP. The Fiorano Handling Package on the 575 consists of the following:

Front Brake Calipers
    Rear Brake Calipers
    Pagid brake pads
    Front Suspension Springs
    Rear Suspension Springs
    21mm Diameter Rear Stabilizer Bar
    Stabiliser Bar bushings
    Power Steering ECU

3. ILLUFA

ILLUFA Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Indo
    Full Name:
    H
    Hi PCH,

Doest the Pagid brake pads give out a squealing noise during braking? Mine squeals slightly during slow braking.

Thanks.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #4 tazandjan, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Illufa- Yes they do. You can check the tags on the springs for a part number and there is also a part number on the rear anti-roll bar and, simplest to check, pull, or just look at, the steering ECU and check the number on that. The calipers and disks on the FHP package are essentially identical to normal 575Ms except for the Pagid RS 4-4 Orange pads front and rear. FHP cars came with both 18" (standard) and 19" modular (optional) wheels.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ILLUFA

ILLUFA Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Indo
    Full Name:
    H
    Wow Taz,

I am amazed with your knowledge of the 575. Pardon my saying, you are probably more knowledgeable than most Ferrari mechanics in my country (Indonesia). Hehehe

BTW, I had a chance to enjoy my friend's 599 a few days ago. It was amazing. The sound, interior/exterior design, etc. The 430 pales in comparison IMHO. Need to start saving my money now.

6. ILLUFA

ILLUFA Karting

Jul 27, 2006
    Indo
    Full Name:
    H
    Hi,

Sorry for my ignorance. What is the power steering ECU change supposed to do? Is the steering heavier, faster, etc?

7. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Florida Highway Patrol uses Ferrari 575s ? :)

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #8 tazandjan, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    Illuffa- The power steering ECU schedules the hydraulic boost the steering receives at various times. In the case of FHP, the steering has less slop and more feel than standard 456/550/575M steering, all of which the FHP ECU will fit. It appears the FHP steering ECU became standard sometime in CY 2004, not sure exactly when, but it is not listed in the HGTC package available on MY 2005 575M/SA cars, but was fitted.

William- They tried TRs, but they were just too visible and most of the drivers had trouble with the oversteer, so they gave them to Vice, where they fit in nicely. The Maranello was just right, easier to get into and had more room to mount the light bar, as well.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

9. ketel

ketel Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Sausalito, CA
    #9 ketel, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Talk about putting the fear of god in you when these guys fill up your rearview mirror...