new iPod Shuffle | FerrariChat

new iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Remy Zero, Mar 11, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  2. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    What kind of headphones should go in the box?
    -Vic

3. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    NICE! I had not seen that yet... Not unhappy w/ my previous gen Shuffle so I will keep using it but when it dies I know what I will get...

James

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    4 gigs of memory is an excellent upgrade but I'm not a fan of the controls on the headset. The voiceover feature saying some of my playlist songs would be kinda funny though. I'm content with my 2 gig shuffle for now.

5. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm not looking to upgrade, I dont like the controls on the earbuds, it forces you to wear them. I like the size of my old one with controls on it.

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Ditto on hating the controls. At the rate I lose earbuds I cannot afford pricey ones with built-in controls

7. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    At first I was really choked because I had just bought a new 1 gig the other week, but then I realized the controls are on the craptastic Apple headphones and I'm running a $300 pair of Shure earbuds so...

8. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy

I believe they're going to come out with a control that can be attached so it can be used with an aftermarket headphone.

I don't like it at all. I find they're complicating something thats just supposed to be simple.

9. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I bought one today and I guess I'm in the minority but I like it. I like the controls on the buds. Makes it easy to operate when I'm on the bike or treadmill. Heck, it's only $79.

10. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't like the standard Apple earphones. It sounds horrible, and it just doesn't fit me. I prefer my Sennheiser :)

11. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I bought the old gen shuffle a few weeks ago and don't mind it. Granted not much space, but I have an 80Gb classic for regular use, the shuffle is only used at the gym. Not a big fan of the controls on this new one, and frankly I don't need it to be this small. I can barely even notice my shuffle while I work out (clipped to my shirt)

12. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    I like them. Might pick one up for jogs and whatnot.

13. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    check out www.gizmodo.com

Apparently, the controller headphones have an authentication chip inside - so the aftermarket headphones will cost more - as the manufacturers will have to license the chips/tech from apple to make compatible headphones. That's crap.

14. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't see why you could ever possibly need something smaller than the last gen Shuffle. That was the best of the Shuffle line. Making it very complicated just to get it a little smaller is stupid.