308 US Spec Bumper Removal | FerrariChat

308 US Spec Bumper Removal

Discussion in '308/328' started by 4carbs, Mar 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4carbs

4carbs Karting

May 4, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Wanting to take off my US Bumper today, as I plan to push it in for the Euro look.

I have been searching to see if there are any detailed posts on how to remove it, but can't seem to find any.

Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....Peter

2. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #2 spiderseeker, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    Front or Rear ?

For the front bumper (and or shocks), just remove the front grill (and headlamp covers to access the factory shocks), if you're going to remove or replace them, to get the Euro look. I've heard that some owners just drill the shocks while still attached to the car but I've never tried that. Just removing the front grill should give enough access for that.
    If you don't want to drill the front shocks, you can replace them with aluminum tubes (I have an extra set-$100).
    Be careful though, the US bumper is pretty heavy and awkward for one person- best to have a helper, if you plan to remove it. It's about 50lbs I think.

3. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Hi Spiderseeker, I sent you a PM.

Charles

4. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    On my 77 I did not need to remove the grill. Just went in with a wrench and removed the 4 nuts and 2 directional signal connectors and dropped the bumper. You can then get at the mounting of the shocks. Less then a 1/2 hour job.

5. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
  6. 4carbs

4carbs Karting

May 4, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for all your help guys. Got it done yesterday, and it looks great!