Need help - Scuderia | FerrariChat

Need help - Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by andybm3, Mar 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I am in a position to order a Scuderia and need some advice. I currently have a 07 F430 and previously had a CS. The CS drove my wife crazy, just too loud and too much like a kart and it got to a point where she would not drive in it. I really liked how the CS handled, much better than the F430, but the 430 was much better for everyday driving the CS was too extreme. Ideally the Scuderia would give me the CS handling experience with the everyday livability of the F430. Anyone who has owned or driven an F430, CS and a Scuderia, can you provide me some advice?

2. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Yes, I've owned all three. Your story is similar to mine. I had a CS less than one year. My wife hated the noise .. every rock, pebble, grain of sand etc. Had to sell it to keep piece in the family. Obviously the 430 was/is more refined. But it left me wanting the CS back. The Scuderia is in a whole different league. It has everything the CS has but more of it. Ferrari added just right amount sound insulation to make this car enjoyable to drive everyday. The Scuderia is the perfect blend of car. Now the problem is getting the keys from my wife. Buy the Scuderia and you'll have no regrets

3. eddipoco

eddipoco Rookie

Oct 22, 2004
    Blue Ridge Mountains
    Full Name:
    Ed
  4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    My wife hated CS,loved 599,hates Scuderia although loves the look of it.
    Go figure....

5. dom1015

dom1015 Karting

Jun 30, 2008
    Ridgefield, CT
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    #5 dom1015, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Have all 3. Here is how it goes with the wife:
    F430 - loves
    CS - won't go near
    Scuderia - ambivilant.

I guess there Is no accounting for taste, she married me and drives a Mustang!! well at least its a Saleen.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    #6 The Ape, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
    I love my 06' 430 Coupe. I bought new with 56 miles on it off the showroom floor. I would love a Scud but I don't track my cars and Im extremely happy with the car.
    My question is : Do you still enjoy the 430 even after owning and driving the Scud? I would think that the normal 430 would end up a bit lonely.
    I ask this of you and any other member who owns both cars.
    Thanks,
    Ape

7. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    After reading these comments I'm not sure if I ever want to get married! I love my CS too much!

8. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Well my wife loved the CS and likes the Scud too, she pretty much enjoys all my cars, the only thing I've owned she didn't care for was a 997 GT3, she just thought it was rubbish in comparison to the Turbo since the GT3 crashed and grounded everywhere vs the Turbo which is a very civilized machine.

Scuddy has a very good auto mode, and plays cruiser much more effectively than the CS. I used to drive the CS with ear plugs in (just like a BMW 7 series that way :) ), but the Scud you can drive happily without. I liked the 430 well enough but never owned one after the CS till the Scud, but have driven all 3 on the track - no question which is the best Scud all the way. The gearbox is actually much better than the challenge car, as is the traction control which is spectaculary well judged, you can drive it and enjoy yourself on the track with the TC on, in the CS, 430 and the challenge car, it really needs to be off to enjoy the car.

That said given the choice my wife will drive the 612. Oh the paradox of choice!

9. Derek Trotter

Derek Trotter Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 28, 2007
    Cambridge, UK
    Easy, change your wife! ;)

My wife doesn't even moan about my noisy Capristo level 3 on over-run!

10. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America

11. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    I had the Tubi NGT with no cats on my Stradale and my wife loved the car. My old 996 tt had straight pipes...but, she hated the droning inside the cabin so I changed the exhaust to the Evo supplied Fabspeed which was fine.

Wondering if my Tubi and my cats pipes will fit the Scuderia?? :)

12. vnichols

vnichols Rookie

Jul 13, 2005
    That why, the key question when dating is. Do you love cars as much or more than I do? Or, What is your favorite car? Hahaha

13. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    LOL - she might be afraid of being traded in for a even louder one ...

14. kumbayah

kumbayah Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    #14 kumbayah, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
    The above affirms my thoughts that the 612/575/599 has just a tad more feminish...how do I put it ?? feel, impression as apposed to the 360/430/scud, ....

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Better put your flame suit on!

16. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    LOL!! +1

17. SeaGate

SeaGate Karting

Mar 21, 2007
    PNW
    Full Name:
    PEMA
    Guess I don't see what the problem is here?

18. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    +1