Netflix | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    video on demand. anybody have this? just got it and now i don't get any sleep. awesome! goodbye blockbuster.

2. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    That's probably why our local blockbuster shuttered its doors, because of worthless maggots like you wasting their time doing all this fancy video on demand crap. How in the hell am I supposed to get Barbie Mermadia now?

cheers

ken

3. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like redbox. Although it a limited selection, a dollar a movie is not bad at all!

4. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
  5. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #5 wetpet, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    I pay less than a dollar a movie and have a selection of 12k titles with instant availability without leaving the house. with 5 people in the house we watch probably 20 movies a month.all you have to do with this is pay the minimum $8.99/ month and you can watch all the movies you want for free. the beauty of it is that if you don't like a movie, you just turn it off and start another. You can pause, ff, ect. if you don't like the movie you got from red box or BB you have to drive back over there.

6. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Ed, are the Netflix movies new stuff?? Like when they hit Blockbuster, they are available on Netflix?

7. justin993

justin993 Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Justin993
    I have been using netflix for a couple months now and love it. New movies are available.

8. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    yes. you either get a box for $99 or you can use your x-box or a few specific blu-ray players. you hook a network cable up to it and you have unlimited movies to watch. many in hd. i project them onto an 8' wide screen and they look great. they also keep sending you the actual discs, which i copy and send back so i can watch them whenever i want without keeping the disc. if you have kids like i do, it is incredibly cheap. but even so, all you have to do is watch 2 movies a month and it's the same price as blockbuster. we watch 10x that many so i'm figuring i pay about 40 cents a movie. and of course if you have tivo or a video capture card on your pc, you can archive them too. try it out i think they give you 2 weeks free and you can cancel anytime anyway. if you already have an x-box and a high speed connection, you can start watching movies for free in about 20 minutes, all done over the net.

did i mention you can also watch all the movies you want right now on your pc for $8.99/month? I have a 22" monitor and i watch alot of stuff right at my desk.

9. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Ed,

Are you sure your name isn't Billie Mayes? Or are you the shamWow guy in disguise?

Just kidding,

I used a service like this for Audio CD's. I did a lot of driving and you could download Audio Books (similar to Netflix). Netflix is a good idea if you watch a lot of movies like Ed does.

Bill

10. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I love NetFlix and their VOD is great.

I can watch them on my Tivo. Its awesome.

-dsd

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    love Vince! no, i'm just excited about the service. it's gonna sink blockbuster.

12. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There's also a lot of free services out there such as Hulu. Look around and you could pretty much replace cable or sat TV for free or very cheap. I also have the Netflix VOD but I didn't think they were showing first run or HD movies yet. I don't think they are in 5.1 either. It's still a great service. I mostly use it to watch old rock concerts.

13. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #13 wetpet, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
    yes, they advertise "some" new releases. That's probably why it's free w/subscription. Luckily, i watch almost all documentaries, tv shows and comedy specials. Don't know about the 5.1, my processor processes the optical signal, whatever it is, and it sounds good. sounds like it has a few warts that need to be taken care of before it is ready for prime time. but for $8.99/month i still gotta recommend it highly. in fact i'm watching it now on the pc as i type. Love hulu too. i don't even have cable or satellite. anyone know where i can watch the f1 races besides sopcast and the like? not happy with the sketchy service.

14. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'll post a link to the euro net TV services when I get back home. In MS at the moment. Drove the Maserati down and it was a great trip. No I have to reverse said trip tomorrow.