Utah Car Gathering | FerrariChat

Utah Car Gathering

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Hexnut72, Mar 13, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hexnut72

Hexnut72 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2006
    Hey Guys,

I want to have a regular car get together and am looking for some ideas.

My thoughts are a cruise or get together every other Saturday this summer? Possibly have a meeting point in south Salt Lake valley and then do a run up one of the canyons, or a loop up Provo canyon around to Park City and down to Salt Lake. I am hoping that we will out grow the cruise format, more than a dozen or so cars gets to be a big hassle. Eventually I would like to turn it into a get together like the show at The Pavillions in Scottsdale. Any ideas on a good location for that? Ideally they would have lots of parking and some food joints and other businesses that would be happy and supportive of a crowd.

Do you have any other good websites or clubs that we could advertise to/invite people from?

This doesn't need to be limited to any specific car group but it would be nice if it could be car guys and not a bunch of wankers... If you are interested, I am going to set up an email list.

Please email me at [email protected]. Again, this is in the very early stages, I am just looking for ideas and people that are interested.

2. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I'm in. Pm me details.

3. markarelius3

markarelius3 Karting

Jun 17, 2007
    Alpine, UT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hex,
    I dont know about regularly, however, the ALMS is at Miller may 15-17. Ferrari needs our support. Corvette usually gets to do a parade lap, if we get enough, i wonder if they will also allow us.
    Mark

4. dysko

dysko Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2005
    Altus
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This has been tried ... Miller people were less than accommodating. However, I think it would be great if someone gave it another go to see what they will do for us.

5. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    There's an upcoming Larry H. Miller tribute drive:

6. Javelin276

Javelin276 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Thor Zollinger
    I'd like to join in every now and then. It's a 3 hr drive from Idaho so I can't see myself driving down there every other week, but I do get down there every other month when I have a good reason.