Lambo Espada Vs. Fezz 400/12 | FerrariChat

Lambo Espada Vs. Fezz 400/12

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by redferrarispyder, Mar 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redferrarispyder

redferrarispyder Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Understood that ferrari is more reliable but lambo is hotter?

or are you better of with an aston V8?

2. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Pound for pound, a well-kept 400 is a more reliable vehicle, but both can turn into a nightmare quickly. The Espada was faster, but I've never heard of anyone actually taking an Espada to its top speed. While I've never driven an Espada, I have driven a 400i, and I can honestly say that I was surprised by how nicely it handles on curves. The five speed in the one I drove was a nice match. The Espada is a little more ungainly in tight corners (at least that's what owners have told me in the past.)

That being said, if I were to choose between the two, I'd still choose the Espada. It's a little more out of the ordinary and has a hell of an exhaust note.

3. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    My subjective take...

Aston's are common around D.C., maybe that means they are more reliable (because they are daily drivers).

Ferrari has the marque name associated with winning.

Lamborghini is rare, too. They make such beautiful cars.

4. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    #4 Daryl, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love my Espada. It's an amazing example of exotic packaging. It's much lower and more radical than the 2+2 Ferraris or Maseratis of the day, and yet two adults fit comfortably in the aft seats with reasonable luggage space under the rear hatch. And as mentioned above, the engine is amazing. Essentially the same engine as the Miura, with great mechanical sounds and a crisp gearbox. My Espada's Webers are being rebuilt right now and a new clutch fitted. I'm really looking forward to feeling what these cars were like when new.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i vote Espada. the only draw back would be the cost of an engine rebuild exceedes the value of the car. otherwise its much more rewarding than the 400. a 365 would be a toss up. buy both as they are cheap now.

6. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Hate to admit it, but I vote for the Espada as well. Are there significant differences between the series? It was built for quite some time.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    there are series one, two and three cars. the dash differences, wheels and trim being the separation factors. not sure i would worry about series as much as i would focus on condition, condition, condition.

:)

8. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Agreed.

I remember seeing an Espada being driven on the Zandvoort track HARD, and found it uncanny how that big car could be thrown around at high speeds.
    A friend is doing the last bits on his Espada right now, the engine just sounds fantastic, the style is never to be repeated.

What does a good Espada do in today's market?

9. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Daryl, fantastic-looking car.

I have not been in one, but have seen a few and they do look like nothing else on the road.

10. Zegna

Zegna Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2006
    North America
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Daryl's second photo of his wonderful car, perfectly confirms my sole reason on why I will always vote for the Espada.

The car is seriously stylish inside and out.