headlight conversion from RHD to LHD | FerrariChat

headlight conversion from RHD to LHD

Discussion in '348/355' started by twanaldenzee, Mar 20, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twanaldenzee

twanaldenzee Guest

Mar 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Twan Aldenzee
    I have bought a 348 ('90) in the UK, and I am living in the Netherlands. Now I have to change the light bundle of the car.

Can I just change the light in the housing, are do I have to change the whole lamps?

2. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    #2 zero, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
    Just change the lamps (the glass bits) not the pods as well. Then screw the side to side light adjuster in a the opposite hole in the pod. The standard pod has both holes for left and right hand drives. The up and down adjustment screw is central anyway so that does not need re locating.

3. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    #3 Marco Bussadori, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Is that the one you bought from Verdi for GBP 19K? I really wanted that one!

Take the glass lens unit out of the pod. You will see the dipped beams are the outer ones and the high beam the inner ones. The outer unit has a focal lens and a metal mask. If you unscrew the cap covering the bulb clip, you will notice 3 screws hold the whole assembly into the actual frame. If you loosen these screws, the lense assembly can be taken out. While you are there, do so, clean the lens, and the inside of the glass housing. When you insert it you will be able to see that it can be rotated to the left and right. All you need to do is to put them in the opposite position than what you found them in and you are good for continental driving.

I do this every time I drive from the UK to Europe and it takes 10 minuted per headlight (I don't clean them every time)

That should have saved you about 300 euro per headlight! - the value of f-chat!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. twanaldenzee

twanaldenzee Guest

Mar 20, 2009
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Twan Aldenzee
    Hi Marco,

Thanks for the help.

No, I didn't bought the one from Verdi, but 19k that is very cheap. What is the quality of the car?

Thanks again!

Regards, Twan

5. Marco Bussadori

Marco Bussadori Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Marco Bussadori
    It was superb. Verdi rates the 348 bottom of the pile and wanted it out. He said they are hard to shift to his usual customer (middle eastern billionaires who'd rather show off about flying their cars to London for a service instead of getting them done in Dubai...). I almost bought it but it got sold to someone in Holland.

Marco