HELP- 348 Door Switch Issue | FerrariChat

HELP- 348 Door Switch Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by 92verdescuro348ts, Mar 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Fellow Ferrari Oweners-

I was driving in my 348 for a bit with the buzzer and dome light on. It was driving me crazy, I looked at the switch, on the drivers side it is the top of the two in the door jam. When I pulled the switch, I noticed that the two wires with the connectors are in the frame and I can't reach them with a finger. The hole after you take the switch out is less than an inch. Does anyone out there have an idea what it will take to get in car to locate the wires that I connect to a new switch? I am hoping that I do not have to tear apart my interior to get to them.

Thanks!!!

Carlo

2. h00kem

h00kem Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Texas
    When I ran into a similar problem I used a coat hanger on which I shaped a "U" at the end of it. It has allowed me to fish around and successfully in most cases find and grab the wires...unless the head of the wires are dead on.

3. anthonyh

anthonyh Rookie

Oct 13, 2008
    Just open the cover of the door from inside and get it repaired.

4. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    If you can't fish them out and they are in the jamb and not the door itself you can probably get to them by removing the front wheel well.

5. 92verdescuro348ts

Dec 14, 2003
    Seattle Washington
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    These wires are in the jam, not the door. I was looking in the wheel well to see how to get in there. Has anyone had any experience taking the panel in the wheel well off?????

Thanks