Marin Concours on 05/17 | FerrariChat

Marin Concours on 05/17

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Alex Rogo, Mar 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    The Marin Sonoma Concours on May 17 in San Rafael is looking for entrants in its Ferrari classes. Class F1 is for 1969 and earlier cars, Class F2 for 6 and 8 cylinder models from 1970-1989, and Class F3 for 12 cyl models from 1970-1991. We would love to see a full entry in each class for this event, sponsored by Ferrari of San Francisco. Those seeking more information about the event, which benefits Hospice By The Bay, can find the details, including downloadable entry forms, at www.marinsonomaconcours.org.

Cheers

2. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #2 SonomaRik, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    GREAT.
    neither of my cars qualify.....
    Can I get some preferance parking in the lot at least?

3. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    how about a 1931 Model A?

4. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    Looks like they don't want anything prior to 1929? Strange. Model A fits into class E? Don't see a corral. I understand if they think that my car is too new, but I echo the preferred parking idea. Charities are hurting. I would have suggested being more inclusive, but it's their deal. Good luck to them.

5. JonRobertQuinn

JonRobertQuinn Karting

Dec 10, 2006
    El Dorado Hills, CA
    Just put it on the calendar. Ill see you all there.

6. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I got my car entered see you there also

7. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    That works, Class E I think.

8. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    Class D - American Open 1925-1948

Class D1 - American Closed 1925-1948

9. Alex Rogo

Alex Rogo Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2004
    California
    No, no, there will be a Ferrari spectator corral. Initial plans are to accomodate ~ 20 cars, but that could probably be expanded w/ sufficient interest. I believe the club is organizing this aspect. See the post in this section from the organizer.

10. GCalo

GCalo F1 Veteran

Sep 15, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Greg Calo
    It is absurd to me for you to come to a Ferrari site requesting certain vehicles and then to exclude the majority that owns more contemporary Ferrari's.

What's your point!

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That post was deleted since it is self-promotional from the event organizer. We generally frown on users who sign up for the sole purpose of promoting their own events. However, it could be approved if he submits it for review as a charity event. I don't see the point of that since you're already talking about it. Posts like yours are OK, since it is presumed to be from an interested user without possibility of personal gain.

12. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    OK, so they don't want any cars earlier than 1925? Strange. Since this is Marin County, I have to ask if they will they allow black cars? ;)