Truth in 24 Rerun? | FerrariChat

Truth in 24 Rerun?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AustinMartin, Mar 22, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Long story short, someone deleted it from my DVR. Hadn't gotten to watch it. Are there any reruns of it? DVD?

2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    No DVD yet but they are sure to release it. If I had a digital copy I'd upload it somewhere for you but I'm afraid I had to use the ancient "VHS" technology for this one. I'm sure that someone here will volunteer a copy to you.

3. Alex1015

Alex1015 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2005
    USA
    I have a digital copy here, if we can find some kind of system I'd be happy to pass it on. Feel free to PM me.

4. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Any chance you could post it as a torrent?

I'd love to grab it as well and I'd definitely seed!

5. LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2006
    Gainesville FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  6. Blue@Heart

Blue@Heart F1 Rookie

Jun 20, 2006
    Yellowknife, NWT
    Full Name:
    David
    Unfortunately one requires an invite code to register there. :(

But thanks I'll see what I can dig up I guess.

7. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    The actual dvd is due for release fairly soon. It's a great production. We were fortunate to receive the dvd signed by all six drivers over the weekend.

Carol

8. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    Thank you for the kind words regarding the work that a lot of us did working on this film for Audi, it was a challenging production but it was one that none of us will soon forget. I would like to point out that up to this point Audi has no plans to produce DVD's for sale. That is not to say that they well won't produce some DVD's for dealers and such but I have not heard of any plans for a public release of this project.

9. Herman027

Herman027 Rookie

Dec 14, 2008
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Herman
    hey LongJohnSilver, can you please send me a invitation code for racing underground.
    Thank you

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    learn something new all the time RU is now on that list. i would love to have excess, thanks

11. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i would love to excess as well. can i get a code too!

12. LongJohnSilver

Apr 15, 2006
    Gainesville FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry guys; I didn't realize it required an invite when I posted. Unfortunately I don't have invites for everybody either.

13. LongJohnSilver

Apr 15, 2006
    Gainesville FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just finished staying up way to late to watch it. It is one of the greatest documentaries I've ever seen. Certainly the greatest motorsport documentary I've ever seen.

"H" is my new hero.
    The shots of the cars are some of the most beautiful racing shots I've ever seen. It isn't often that you get to see HD slow-mo shots like these.
    Some crazy moments that made me laugh too. You send a guy up in the carousel to get some nice atmosphere shots and instead he catches a spin right under him?

At the end of the film it mentions that you can download the film at the website. I couldn't find that a minute ago when I looked. Any idea when it may be available? Id like to have a copy saved without the ugly ESPN ticker hiding 10% of the shot.

14. Arvin Grajau

Arvin Grajau Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2006
    Wurundjeri man.
    Full Name:
    Arvin Grajau
    yep

15. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    It seems that you can now download it free from iTunes now. Enjoy.

16. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    This is a great film. More impressive when we watch it at Sebring after meeting almost everyone in it maybe. Can you tell us more?

17. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
  18. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Just downloaded it and watching it now. This is amazing!

19. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #19 jknight, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    Audi of America is receiving a boat load of calls about the dvd. Hopefully, this will inspire them to offer it for sale soon.

Carol

20. LongJohnSilver

Apr 15, 2006
    Gainesville FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    They really need to make a bluray for the film to be appreciated in all its beauty.

21. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    im sure espn will have many reruns of it. i didnt like it and found it boring. i had same complaints about other lemans docus like lad of the gods video

like an audi advert (and i have an a8l and s4). not enough on the technical aspects and performance of the cars. almost no on board video. best part was a driver explaining how he does a lap while he watches what looks like a playstation video screen. lasted 3 minutes. cannot imagine how drivers did this at night, in rain, for 4 hrs in 917 that had manual clutches and no downforce.

other than that seemed like they were making a documentary geared for the general public vs the gear heads which is always a mistake to me. general public wont watch car shows regardless and fanatics get annoyed at dumbing down.

steve mcqueen still rules lemans

22. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    How long did it take you to download? I'm about halfway done and it is showing three hours remaining.

23. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Took me 35 minutes to do the 1.13GB movie from iTunes. Cable.

24. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Any idea what your connection speed is. I am supposedly on a 3 Mbps DSL line.

25. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Hahahahahaha 'a driver', that 'driver' happens to be one of the best drivers in LeMans history. And that 'playstation probably costs more that all the TVs in your house.