Southwest Airlines do things a little differently.... | FerrariChat

Southwest Airlines do things a little differently....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SefacHotRodder, Mar 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    one of the reasons that i refuse to fly SouthWORST any longer.

3. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Haha, I was watching that video last night. I couldn't stop laughing at some of the comments someone made on thedirty.com. (retarded comments at that) :D

4. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I loved it.

5. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why? Beats the usual **** airlines do. I flew US Airways to and from England last week (flew back yesterday) and it was one of the most emotionally draining experiences of my life. At least Southwest is trying to be different. Virgin kinda do the same thing. Instead of the usual boring PSA style safety video, they have a cartoon. Just another reason why i will always fly them when i can. US Airways was cheap but i'll pay the extra to fly someone like virgin anytime. The US stewardesses were rude (yes, rude), inconsiderate and clearly didn't care about the passengers.

I've heard stories about SW but i commend them for trying to be different

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Uhhhhh, Seems like they pissed in your cornflakes on United, though..............................

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    #7 beast, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    The last few times i flew on SWA I felt that they were always in a hurry and was taking short cuts when it came to safety. One of the flights I flew from Phoenix to Las Vegas I noticed a loose access panel on the wing. When I brought it to the attention of the Capt. on arrival he said "Yeah it has been like that for a couple of days now"

I don't care how cheap the fares are or a better schedule I will not get on board one of there A/C ever again and I had enough rapid rewards points to fly 2 free round trips.

Add to the fact that they dont have assigned seating, no first class or Premium economy i will not fly them.

8. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That is the reason i will never fly with them. I give them a 10 for effort in making it a differnt experience though

9. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    i was taking the bus from the parking garage to the terminal at bwi last week and the bus driver was a comedian. One thing he said is april 15th is coming up and if you put the two words THE IRS together you get THEIRS. so true.

10. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  11. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Safety has been an issue with Southwest and their safety processes off and on the plane. Luckily, only a few incidents have occurred with Southwest, not to sure if their has been any fatalities outside of the plane skidding off the runway and the 19 yr. old passenger that drugged himself.

I'm happy with Southwest. Cheap fares, no charge luggage, no change fee's, free drinks still and open seating.

Virgin has been the airline I've been flying with a lot, I'm happy with their service and entertainment. Just not a lot of destinations.

12. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    There was talk recently about Virgin coming over to the US and doing a lot of US destinations from within the US

13. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Best in-flight entertainment I've ever seen!

14. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Virgin America is already flying unfortunatly they have areal limited route system mostly on the E and W coast and nothing in between.

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/infoDeskRouteMap.do

15. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If you ever spent any time on a US Air flight, then you already know what it is like in Hell.

16. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  17. OC Speed Junkie

OC Speed Junkie Formula 3

Aug 6, 2005
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    uhh. I only fly Southworst if I am doing a short hop. I drive further to get on Jet Blue if I am going across country.

18. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Not sure 'whats cool' about having to listen to some flight attendant rap through the pre-takeoff instructions. Just get through it in English, shut the cabin door and get the flip in the air! If I want comedy, I'll go to a comedy club.

I fly SW for most of my flights. I book all of the legs during non-busy times and seldom am I on a flight that is more than 75% full. I'll always have a twenty on me, as when I walk past the seat by the emergency exit (the one with no seat in front of it that sports lots of leg room), I'll offer the bill to the person sitting in it and usually get it about 60% of the time! SW is great for short hops (90 minutes or less with the exception of longer flights that I use a free R/T reward for). Anything longer and I'll fly First Class United, as I hate coach. I just booked a flight to LAX which is the two legs I need for another free R/T. That's a great perc, as I use them for family vacations.

19. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #19 fluque, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    I travel regularly on business and am probably turning bitter but the last thing I need is a comedian flight attendant after all the hasslse of getting on a plane and a long work day.

Just go through the procedures and get me home on time.

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    SW is great for short trips. But over 2 1/2 hours I can't deal with. Luckily United First is not that expensive from LAX -> SAT been lucky enough to get great deals. Use to fly with ExpressJet until they went down the drain. Oh well. Waiting for Virgin to go LAX to TX. But that might be awhile. Maybe.