Where do I find the PIN for my security system | FerrariChat

Where do I find the PIN for my security system

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Cielo, Mar 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The previous owner doesn't know it and I could not find it in any of the material with the car. From what I understand from reading the manual, if the remote fails and I don't know the PIN (which must be entered via a number of turns with the ignition key), then I will not be able to start the car. Does anyone know who I contact to get the car's PIN or, even better, if I can reset it to one of my own choosing?

Knowing my luck, I am going to have the 5yr old battery in my remote die and leave me stranded somewhere.

2. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    You have a real problem if you don't have the PIN code. Only one time have I been able to get the pin from FNA through a dealer. You can't just program in a new set of remotes because you have to have the old PIN for this also. If you should ever encounter problems, you will have to replace the alarm control which will come with new remotes already programed along with a new PIN that will be assigned to your car's serial number.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    This is why I am thankful my 308 only needs a plain old everyday key.

4. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    As pointed out above, yes you have a real problem. I found myself in a similar position and Ferrari will just not give you the PIN number, unless you buy a new set of remotes.

It's marketing blackmail !

May be you can be lucky with one understanding deal.er I tried a few and always failed.

5. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    As far as I know, the dealer can get your radio code, but not the alarm code. I think they simply don't have access to it.

6. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    PIN was printed on a card that came with the car when new. If previous owner lost the card then you are in trouble. Some dealers do record this PIN on their files, so you may want to check with the dealer that sold the car to 1st owner.

As far as I know, if you have the red master remote, you can always use that one to program new remote controls. If you don't have that one either, then you'll probably have to spend big bucks for complete alarm system.

7. Cielo

Cielo Karting

Feb 3, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steve
    How can I program a new code using the master?

If I replace the battery in my remote does it lose the code?

8. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    My understanding is that you'll have to take the red master remote to the dealer to program additional black remotes. I have replaced the battery on my black remotes and they did not lose the disarm code.

9. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Dealers in the US can get the PIN from Ferrari. You can only reset the PIN to the transmitted code for a red remote and the procedure is outlined in the shop manual but it requires the old PIN.

10. 4RE886

4RE886 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Bob
    This is correct. It costs $500 to obtain the code and another $500 to obtain one new red and two new black remotes. Total cost:~$1000.

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #11 tazandjan, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Steve- See if this helps. Rifledriver proofread it. Ferrari recommends changing the battery in the remotes every six months, probably overkill, but a three minute job. Doing so does not affect the IDs in the remotes or the PIN in the red remote, so no worries there.

Taz
    Terry Phillips
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well you'd be right of course but Steve had his trouble 4 years ago and,......I might be wrong here, but I suspect he fixed the problem by now.

13. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Brian- That is funny. I never even looked at the date.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

14. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I thought so too. We have all done it. Every once in a while an old thread gets dragged up and everyone chimes in like it is current.

Fun to watch.

15. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    HA, glad I've never done that.

16. Rob Waldrop

Rob Waldrop Rookie

Mar 10, 2008
    You can try looking under the ash tray.........That is where I found mine for my car......... Rob-O

17. anthonyh

anthonyh Rookie

Oct 13, 2008
    Thanks for the information. Even I am helped with the informations.

18. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Anthony- Well at least it was not a total loss, then. You learned something and Brian got a good laugh.

Taz
    Terry Phillips