The official "Kimi rocks/sucks 2009" thread | FerrariChat

The official "Kimi rocks/sucks 2009" thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Why not, eh?

2. aquapuss

aquapuss Formula 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Kimi rocks out with his cock out. Might win a few races too.

3. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Kimi is a drunk and he sucks

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Has the skill and natural ability to be the very best F1 driver on the grid. He won the WDC in 2007 not with effort, but with a combination of luck and raw talent.

But, unless everything is perfect for him, he falls flat on his face. Despite all the press that he is taking 2009 more seriously, I get the feeling that he is hanging around for the fat paycheck, waiting for the opportunity to go MotoGP or snowmobile racing.

Can someone nutured on vodka most all of their life really go cold turkey?

5. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    ... and Massa's help

I really don't care whether Massa or Kimi wins as long as it's a Ferrari clinching both the WDC and WCC. Hopefully Kimi gets back his motivation and form this season.

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    The same can be said for Massa. When Massa's had a car that suits his ability (last years) he can turn in some results. But don't forget Massa's relative poor performance the year before when the car wasn't suited to him. And despite having a car that suited him Massa made a litany of mistakes in the early races that IMO cost him the championship. I’d call that falling flat on your face.

Kimi rocks and to think only Massa is able to raise his game and not Kimi is ridiculous. I think Massa might be in for a very rude awakening this year.

Good to have you back Ron. :)

7. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    +1

Massa also had Kimi's help at the end of last season like Kimi had Massa's help the season before....except Kimi delivered. ;)

+1!!!

8. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Kimi ROCKS when he doesn't party the night before qualifying or the race. He SUCKS when he does! :)

9. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Go Kimi GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The rude awakening was Kimi getting his floor cleaned by Felipe Massa last year. Oh lets not forget the MOVE in Budapest on LH the dauntless. Kimi did nothing of note last year and its been quite awhile if he ever challenged anyone as hard as Massa parked LH on turn 1 in Hungary. Also with last year Massa probably has gained a bit of well and hard earned confidence to boot. I was a Kimi fan until he folded last year.

The 'iceman' myth died and rightly so. Kimi is not as good as I thought he was. Massa was Ferrari last year. Kimi didnt factor at all after France. I could care less how hard Kimi comes back.

He had no excuse other than his well, the car isnt exactly right for me etc. Felipe fell flat on his face? Really. Kimi is trying to save face and his job.

Id say his move in Budapest pretty much put the face falling flat squarely on Kimi and left LH holding his undies after turn 1. You might want to give credit where it's due. The wisdom was that Felipe could win only from pole with the fastest car. That was put to rest again in Hungary. He didnt qualify fastest or on pole but his motor let him down and he was FASTER than the entire field after starting behind LH. SO much for that argument.

Kimi is the one whose job is in review NOT Felipe Massa's, that comes from the team, and not the pundits. That pretty much sums it up id say.

11. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Cant argue with that. I just hope this thread dosnt get carried away like last year. Please tell me it wont!

12. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think Kimi will rock this year just as hard as Mark Harmon would if he caught two teenagers who stabbed and shot a naval officer behind a quicki-mart.

Massa out of the Hunt, replaced by Kimi.

13. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I think Kimi will explode out of the gates this season, i've always like Kimi but not his dull personality. Like him or not you can't argue with the fact that he IS up there with the best 3 possibly 4 if Massa performs as well as last year.

14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nothing to be carried away on .Facts are facts. Felipe defeated, quite soundly, the reigning WDC in EQUAL machinery and that is all that needs to be said. We heard that incessantly when LH was battling with Alonso. Felipe actually defeated Kimi by an even greater margin. This year we shall see if Felipe is for real and keeps up the pace.

15. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    agreed.

16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    kimi pwns all

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kimi rocks. The dude is his own man. He lives his own dream.

And he is a WDC.

Forza Kimi!

18. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

Hear, hear!! :)

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's right.

Forgot to mention:

He doesn't bake chocolate cookies for his grand mother, but instead has some freakish tatoos.

20. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

or for every member of the team like his teammate does. :D

21. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Haha ...whatta about hash-cakes..:)

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He made some of those as well and apparently distributed them to some of his fans...

23. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    Calling it on 3/25/09...

Kimi WDC '09!!

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While many things can happen, right now this is the most realistic prediction.

...and of course the most welcome in my book.

25. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX

and I haven't even had any hash-cakes. :D