How to search the board | FerrariChat

How to search the board

Discussion in '348/355' started by randyleepublic, Mar 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. randyleepublic

randyleepublic Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2007
    Beautiful Reno
    Here's what I wrote in the 308 etc. forum. It's just as true for the Brotherhood. "348 Cab" for example...

Let's say you are looking for information about a repair task for your Mondial t. If you use the provided search function you will be miserably disappointed. You enter the following: Mondial t flywheel noise. How it works, who knows, but you will be very lucky to find anything useful.

Instead, go to Google. Click the link for "Advanced Search". At the bottom of the search form there is a field called: "Search within a site or domain:" Put ferrarichat.com in there. Then use the upper fields as common sense would dictate to find the links to posts that you are looking for.

One tip: to find posts for the Mondial t, enter that within quotes as one of your search terms: "Mondial t". If you try that trick in the chat's search, it gives no results - "Search term not found". D'ohhh!

Google, however finds 303 posts.

I think that using Google's search you are doing Rob a big favor, as from what I hear, the site provided searches add a lot to his monthly hosting bill. True?

2. saw1998

saw1998 F1 Veteran

Jun 8, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice tip! Thanks, Randy.

3. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Thank you for that, I've occasionally wondered if there was a better way to perform searches when some 'obvious' ones (can't remember what they are now) turned up no results for me. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

4. AndyE430

AndyE430 Rookie

Jan 3, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You can also add site:ferrarichat.com to the end of your normal Google search to just search here. It does the same thing as mentioned above.

5. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    These are great tips! Works great, and a lot faster!! :)