Cbad Cars/Symbolic March 28 | FerrariChat

Cbad Cars/Symbolic March 28

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by rrobello, Mar 26, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    Last Saturday of every month
    All cars are welcome:Exotics, European, Domestic, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, Japanese Tuners and more.

So far this year we've been averaging at least 100 cars each turnout and Id like to see it continue to grow even larger. So get the word out.

DETAILS/INFO
    7:00am-9:00am
    Carlsbad Company Stores
    5620 Paseo Del Norte Suite #124
    Carlsbad, California 92008

DIRECTIONS:
    From I-5 exit Palomar Airport Rd
    Head EAST (from I-5S-Left, from I-5N-Right)
    Turn LEFT on Paseo Del Norte
    At first light turn RIGHT into shopping center
    Enter and turn RIGHT at T-intersection into SOUTH parking lot.

Personalized Directions:HERE

Theres a starbucks and a bagel place that will be open early and a Ruby's Diner for breakfast if you're hungry, then other stores start to open. Starbucks has a lot of seating outside.

More info and pics from past events:
    http://www.auto-focus.us/forum/showthread.php?t=8

Afterwards we can cruise down to Symbolic in Sorrento Valley for their spring event.

If you've never been Symbolic's events are not to be missed. They go all out and the cars they have on display are insane.

This event's theme is race cars with Formula 1, McLaren F1, custom race cars and more. The Lamborghini Reventon will be on display along with the "latest" Bugatti Veyron (your guess as to which of the 5 variations is as good as mine).

They will have the usual food and this time are adding "grid girls" so it should be a blast!

Food sponsors include: Harrys Bar and American Grill, Sushi Lounge, Dining Out, Brians 24, Los Cabos and Barbecues Galore Cooking School

This event runs from 10am-2pm

Address: 11425 Sorrento Valley Road San Diego CA, 92121

Here are pics from their last event: http://www.auto-focus.us/forum/showpost.php?p=1456&postcount=7

2. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    I'll be there!

3. andrew101010

andrew101010 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2006
    Carlsbad, CA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Just got word that an [size=+1]Enzo[/size] will be coming to Carlsbad this month and coming on the drive down to Symbolic. :)

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1

5. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    awesome Im thinking that since Symbolic starts at 10 if we are just heading down the 5 we can start lining up to roll out at 9:30, it would be a very eclectic group of cars, and there is a parking lot directly across the street with plenty of ground clearance for those of us not parking at symbolic

6. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    Anyone interested in coming to join us this Saturday might think about coming early. I understand we have nearly 500 RSVPs at this time. All are welcome and no invitation is needed. It does seem to becoming a rather popular event!

Cheers,

Bill

7. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Great! What a Saturday... first, Cars & Coffee, then Carlsbad, then Symbolic. WOO HOO! :)

8. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    Darn. I mis-read the information. I thought Carlsbad also ran from 10-2. Can't do both shows :(

Decisions, decisions.

9. rrobello

rrobello Formula 3

Jul 25, 2005
    you can stop by on the way down to join everyone on the cruise down to symbolic...or just get to cbad around 8:30, then you can do all 3...kind of.

10. kpflynn

kpflynn Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    How does the Symbolic show work? Can anyone show up?

11. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    ...But I think they sent out formal invites to their customers to bring and show their cars. Space permitting, customers' cars will actually be parked and displayed on their grounds (which has limited space). Everyone else will have to find parking on their own (street, adjacent lots, etc.)

12. kpflynn

kpflynn Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    I'd park in Tijuana and hike from there if it meant I got to see a McLaren F1!

13. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Might be there as well. Hope to see all of you there.

14. dlopez001

dlopez001 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2007
    CA
    Full Name:
    DL
    From TJ, just take the red trolley! Kidding. Do bring your camera though; lots of photo ops. And sunscreen -- I think we're up for a bright, sunny day!

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Tijuana wouldn't be my first choice for parking an exotic car these days. :(

16. kpflynn

kpflynn Rookie

Jan 31, 2008
    No; I just recent talked a buddy into no longer driving his Diablo down there. He still seems to think all the stories are "exaggerated" but I strongly disagree.

Anyways, should be a great time tomorrow; going to try to get there early to watch the cars pull in.

17. FIGSTR

FIGSTR Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Reedley
    Full Name:
    The Figster
    looks like a good time, ill stop by to snap some pics