I always loved the Mondial. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I always loved the Mondial.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by effer, Mar 23, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

I always loved the Mondial, and what about you?

1. I always loved the Mondial.

2. I actually love the Mondial but it is an acquired taste.

3. I do not love the Mondial.

4. None of the three options above.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Hello,

Lamborghini Carolinas DBA Sports Autos has had this Mondial for sale for several months. The photos make the colour look like Bugatti "French Racing Blue" Along with the black interior, look rather drab. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because colour not withstanding, this looks like a great Mondial 8.

IMHO

2. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    #52 st.tully, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In the pictures the blue looks a bit washed out - in person it is more vibrant and a bit darker. I had it on consignment with Sportauto while I worked on a couple of other car projects. Tom Jones, the only mechanic to touch this Mondial its entire life (other than Peter Krause, aka ProCoach), did a full service while it was there. I have it back in my garage now and look forward to a fun Spring driving season!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Modulo_B

Modulo_B Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Rudy
    I've always loved the Mondial. A very particular and attractive design indeed. Real presence and panache.
    BTW, thank you st.tully for sharing the story of your amazing Dino blu Mondial. Looks spectacular! BRAVISSIMO!!

4. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    But the cabrio made it for keeps for me.

In 1986 the Worlds Fair was held in Vancouver. The theme in 1986 was transportation. The Italian Pavillion featured an early rosssa corsa Mondial cabrio in the main central part of the display. Tens of millions of eyes saw that car. It was a stunner. I had no idea the 3.2 and t were still to come.

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    From an article to be published soon in a national Ferrari magazine:
    "It’s full of Ferrari personality, sound and performance from a spectacular engine and chassis, yet bullet-proof reliable and easy to service.” Perhaps it’s time for the rest of us to take a second look at Mondials!"

Gentleman, we are truly the enlightened few, but not for long. :)

6. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Mine is NOT FOR SALE :) :)

7. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Sure, I will post. Not a huge fan. To each his own. I love my 348SS but many don't like the strakes...hey, to me it says, "Ferrari".

I don't dislike Mondials, I just don't love them, so that is how a voted. I will admit that seeing one up close and personal does it much more justice than pictures, and I feel the same way about my 348 as well. Some cars take a better picture, and the Mondial and 348 both really don't.

MB

8. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    #58 AR!, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
    Look at a 348 and a t in direct comparison (cars both from the same era). The 348 can immediately be distinguished as a Ferrari, the t looks somehow ... well, if it wasn't for the extra seats I would never have bought a Mondial. It really triples the fun to drive an exotic car when I have some of the kids (we have actually 4 of them ... any ideas for a 6-seater-Ferrari .. ? ;-) ) with me.