Rubens? SPOILER | FerrariChat

Rubens? SPOILER

Discussion in 'F1' started by Drive550PFB, Mar 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Reading all these messages . . . did no one notice that Rubens caused two accidents. In both cases he was at fault and came away with only a slightly broken front wing?

Seems like the stewards--who were very active today--would have something to say.

2. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

OH, and I forgot the brain fade on the start, which was very dangerous.

3. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Amen! They but that would be bad for the 'entertainment', which would ruin that 'underdog' win.

4. Kami

Kami Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2006
    St. Louis
    Webber agrees... http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5117302,00.html
    Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I can't imagine that the stewards didn't say anything about that. I'm happy for the Brawns and all, but you can't let him go around and just run over anything that doesn't move out of the way for him.

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Little nips at the heels in front of you usually doesn't get you in trouble.

6. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    It wouldn't be so bad if Vettel was unecessarily punished. There shouldn't be penalties thrown around every time there is some action on track. Neither Kubica or Vettel gained in that incident, they both lost, and that's bad enough, no need to throw out additional punishment.

7. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    IMO (*flame suit at ready*) Barrichello should have been black-flagged and taken off the track after the first few laps. He was driving like a grandpa, stalled his car at the start, caused an avoidable accident in the first corner, and clipped Kimi too, all rookie mistakes. The hit that RB layed on Kimi could have something to do with why Kimi lost his back end and went into the wall.

It was a pathetic drive to second and I'm appalled he didn't get called in for a stop-go at the very least. This is why Jenson is a significantly better driver and why Rubens should consider retirement.

8. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I think the stewards mixed up Rubens and Vettel.

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Guys if you do your research you will find that HK actually caused the turn 1 accident.

10. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Was just about to say that. :)

11. dkabab

dkabab Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    Full Name:
    David

12. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

He slammed into Weber.

And, I disagree that HK caused it. He didn't push Rubens into Weber.

13. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yeah that's what I meant, little nips you can get away with, no one even commented in RB hitting cars. It was strange.

14. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Its ok. Rubens is getting ready for his career in NASCAR after he gets replaced at the end of this year.

15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Like the little old lady obliviously driving around with no damage to her but causing wrecks everywhere she goes.

Still an amazing Cinderella Story. The side of the cars should have had a "This space for rent" logo.

16. jmlinmn

jmlinmn Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    MN, AZ, FL
    And for what it's worth, he didn't stall either. He went into neutral which is an anti-stall mechanism when the proper launch revs are not present.

17. icky

icky Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Anchorage, AK
    Full Name:
    Jesse B.
    I can't believe Rubens didn't get penalized for any of that crap he pulled. That was absolutely ridiculous. Vettel and Kubica have an honest racing incident, yet Vettel gets a 10 spot grid penalty, while Rubens gets nothing for causing how many accidents? Absolutely stupid. I was pretty upset when he got 2nd. He sure didn't deserve it.

18. mousecatcher

mousecatcher Formula 3

Dec 18, 2007
    san mateo, ca
    #18 mousecatcher, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    of course. stall really means anti-stall. he WOULD have stalled the car, were it not for the electronic safety.

19. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Penalizing RB would not allow Max and Bernie to play their little games though...

20. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #20 Mike360, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
    HK slammed into the back of Rubens, who then, under brakes, went into the side of Mark.

HK used KERS off the start and didnt really grasp his extra speed and i guess used the same braking points as the others around him, or the same point he would use on a normal lap, caused him to slam into RB. KERS was not used on the main straight by Mclaren. So using KERS on the start would be a totally new experience.

Please look at the replay. Its pretty obvious. HK had to pit immediately for a new front wing.

HK is such an underwhelming driver. I put him in the same boat as NPjnr, the boat which i hope dosnt see them next year. Much more deserving drivers out there.

**Edit**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czN0kXP2Vfo

Check that out to see what im talking about. Love to see you deny that happened....

21. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    +10000

Exactly what I was thinking. That penalty for Vettel was especially rediculous.

22. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Well that settles that.

Now, what's Ferrari doing about the tire choices?

23. Drive550PFB

Rossa Subscribed

The video has been removed, but I will gladly change my opinion when I see the evidence.

However, I disagree that HK used KERS on the start. KERS has to charge the battery by using the rotating crankshaft motion when the car is under braking or in neutral. KERS can't be charged until the race begins, and therefore has no charge during the start of the race. In the quick run down to the first corner, there is no chance to charge it, so HK couldn't have used it.

And, if he says he did, then it is illegal, because KERS has to be charged after the race begins.

24. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    IIRC they can have a charged up KERS at the start.

25. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    KERS can be used at the start. In fact on the the coverage I watched the team were on the radio telling one of the drivers (can't remember who) that his KERS was fully charged and he mustn't forget to use it at the start.