Ferrari Challenge April 17-19 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Challenge April 17-19

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 30, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    #1 Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://www2.ferrarichallenge.com/

Greetings:

The Ferrari Challenge is coming to Road Atlanta this April 17-19. This event will be special as it looks like track time is available now, but unfortunately because of the absence of the Shell Historics. The 430 Ferrari Challenge, FXX, and the F1 Corsa Clienti will be present.

The Ferrari Challenge was my first ever track experience. I'll never forget it. I had no track experience, but showed up for the event. For the $120.00 fee, we were allowed assess to the fully catered tent along with the Challenge drivers, as well as laps on the track. We did lapping sessions, and due to the inexperience, speeds were kept down by a pace car to 80-100 mph. Amazingly, at the end of the day, my speeds were over 145 on the back straight due to my improved performance. I am not sure this will be the case this time....This really set in place the fact that I wanted to drive all the great historic tracks of North America. I've done Sebring, Daytona, VIR, Summit Point, MoSport, Indy, Watkins Glen, Roebling Road, and this summer will do Road America-Trust me, you do not want to miss your chance to drive on the historic and storied Road Atlanta! Don't worry if this is your first time. Just use your head, you don't have to tear your car up (that is at your option-trust me), or drive too fast. That is up to you, and I am sure speeds may be regulated. They may even have different speed groups to run in.

Here is an update from Will Campbell, GM for Ferrari of Atlatna www.ferrariofatlanta.com

Ferrari Challenge Update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just finished a conference call with the Challenge Organizers at FNA and learned the following:

The Historic Challenge Races have been cancelled.
    There is now track access for Ferrari owners. One lapping session in the morning and another in the afternoon that last one hour each. The sessions are available on Saturday and Sunday. There will be some coaching available on a limited basis.

If you have interest in the driving portion of the weekend, give the dealership a call and one of our folks will gladly give you the particulars and can enroll you in the program."

For the true Ferrari Enthusiast, this event will be one you will not want to miss. Anyone interested in corralling up for the event? Coming from NC? Meet up in Greenville? Let's put this together. Unfortunately, my car will not be ready as shoddy workmanship is being properly repaired at this time, but that will not deter me from seeing the FXX, F1, and 430 Challenge series, and hopefully a few friends having the experience of the summer as they lap Road Atlanta!

Road Atlanta
    http://www.roadatlanta.com/event_detail.lasso?-Token.eventfile=ev_ferrari.lasso&-Token.id=33

Hotels and Accommodations
    http://www.roadatlanta.com/accomod.lasso
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    #2 RedlineG60, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
    I'll see you there David. I'll be in my S2000, or a white Evo 9.

3. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    so basically nobody is going?

4. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Would definitely go, but we are taking my parents to Charleston for the weekend. I should have planned better.

5. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    i missed last year so i gotta go this year!

6. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Headed to Charleston as well for the weekend.....should have planned better also. Well Brian look me up if you wanna run over to Karl's shop and bug him to death saturday.

7. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    Hey, shoot me a PM with your cell number. I'll respond with mine.
    I doubt I'll be able to get away long enough on Saturday to visit Karls' shop, but you never know.

We're staying at a B&B in the Historic district. How about you?

8. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    damn, i went to charleston 3 weeks ago (actually, 3 and 4 weeks ago), totally forgot about checking out karl's shop, even though i don't know him i would have wanted to see it. I did however go barhopping with Leh Keen who races for Fahnbacher Loles Porsche team in Grand-Am which was kind of cool.