So will Hamilton get credit as well? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

So will Hamilton get credit as well?

Discussion in 'F1' started by maxorido, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think if I have time I'am going to dig some 08 post's..out ^

2. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yes, this drive certainly wasn't his best drive. My point was to see how he does over the season, and if he goes really well, see whether or not he gets the same credit as Alonso. Remember people voted that Alonso was the best driver in 2008? Part of that had to do with how crap Piquet was, and the disparity between him and Alonso.

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Simple math not so simple? If a half a dozen xars dropped out in front of Kimi or Felipe they would have been 1, 2.

So no, it wasn't March 29, 2009. Would you like to try again?

Son in talking about Lewis, he didn't have a spectacular race because lesser drivers in the same or lesser cars did as much as he did or more.

I don't think your prediction would have stood up without the safety car laps, he was too far behind and you're not the only person who though he would score points.

4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well as I see as far as I can tell you didn't predict anything, possibly a wise move.
    I have been looking up old posts, but to which end I haven't found much where you committed yourself.
    But believe me I have been ROTFLMAO ...at some.

Lewis did what I expected of a top level driver to do, as did others, just so happens LH put himself in a position to reap the rewards of misfortune of other's.

I remember quoting the fact that I believed LH would be exactly the same as FA was in his Renault last year, both are brillant drivers, in crap cars or good cars.

I think I have had enough of this ..I'am rooting for Brawn..;)

5. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Judging by the pace of the Toyotas in both testing and during the weekend I'd hardly say they were same or lesser in performance to the McLaren. They are quite a bit faster.

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I think I'm leading the F1Tipping pool and I'm also up 300 bucks so I think my picks were better than most and who doesn't think Hamilton is capable from coming from the back when 14 cars out of the 20 are sluggish - slow? Schumacher could, Alonso could and Hamilton could etc. that and all that talk about 5 front wings being knocked off in the first turn, Hamilton scoring points was about a 50/ 50 bet, not hard to figure out.

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well done! So if it's not that hard please be so kind and predict your top 3 for the Malaysian Grand Prix, better still tell me where LH is going to finish?, Berar in mind like Charles said the Toyota was a much better car. Mclaren is still is not capable of repeating that sort of performance on sheer pace alone, there you are, thats a clue!

My main point about this is: There are a quite a few folk on here, who said they would like to see LH in a under par car to see how he would make out, because they attributed his success all down to having the best/good car! I'am not saying it was his best drive ever or anything like that, IMO that was Silverstone 08.

As regards who doesn't think Hamilton is capable from coming from the back ...Alot didnt!..
    I have been digging through alot of old posts:
    An example, I have removed the OP's name! there are lots more in a similar vane, I like this one as it's quite ironic Button is mentioned..:D

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    The difference between Trulli's fastest lap and Hamilton's fastest lap was 0.1 seconds. How does that make the Toyota's so much better? Also Hamilton's best lap was like 12th out of the whole field. There was no way he would secure a podium if all those cars didn't drop out and if the safety car laps didn't happen. McLaren personnel said the weekend was a fluke and they didn't expect a podium... because it was unlikey that so many cars would drop out in front of them.

You say this thread is about Hamilton but what are Hamilton's results without comparing them to other drivers? So no, the Toyota's weren't "much better cars", they were on about par with Hamilton and Trulli would have scored a higher spot in the field from dead last if not for the 25 second penalty.

Posting a quote from someone else means what? Someone thought Hamilton would have a poor showing? I bet I can find someone who thinks the holocaust didn't happen or someone else that think JFK shot himself.

Also Hamilton has had a mint car from day one except this one race in question. If McLaren can't catch up this year, then the test for Hamilton will be completed.

I'll have all of my predictions entered into the F1Tipping site by the end of Friday's practice sessions and I'll see how they fair on Monday or Tuesday.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #84 kraftwerk, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
    Predict now whats the problem..?
    I will ask again where will LH finish.

BTW Bearing in mind you said it's not that hard...:eek:

10. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    A fool makes the statements you do. Who will decide a betting pool days before they have to? What fool will make his pics before seeing Friday practice sessions? You? I wouldn't doubt it.

No it's not that hard to find percentages on where drivers will end up barring crashes, spins and mechanical failures, it's easy to crunch the numbers over the last couple of years but only a moron will make their final judgments before seeing what improvements are made from the last race. I bet 10 to 1 my F1 picks trump yours this year, 10 to 1. I have $800 on this weekend and I expect to collect, maybe not all but more than my fair share.

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lets get this straight, your calling me a fool right!

And also I'am, by your bizarre standard a moron, because I predicted in a thread called Melbourne predictions - pre qualifying..right!.

I also predicted BrawnGP would get a car on the podium, and Lewis would finish 6th or better, now I don't bet $ because IMO it's a lottery, especially at the start of the season.

Yet apparently you put your money where your mouth is, yet you are not bold enough to post NOW! where you think LH will finish in the Malaysian Grand Prix..and it will cost you NOTHING funny really I figured as much!

Well I'am only reading what your posting here, so I wish you luck with your seemingly apparent easy task of number crunching ect.
    PM them me if you wish, if you fear it being shown, believe me I'am no fool.

12. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So you "predict" that the strongest team by far according to most reports in the preseason will podium? How did you ever come up with that on your own?! And predicted the strongest driver would score a possible 6th position. Wow.

You're a fool to think I would predict anything before the end of practice.

Also you got Barrichello right and "somewhat" Hamilton right. You can't claim "this driver will land in one of six positions" and call it a successful prediction. So 1 1/2 predictions came up for you, quite the high level of expectations. As for the other 8 1/2 picks, you couldn't have been farther off base.

What idiot would post predictions now? Before all the info is in? You post your picks today and I'll post after Friday practice and we'll see who gets it closest

I'll PM "loud mouths" nothing and after practice I'll post my picks for all fields in the F1Tipping pool, until then go away with your nonsense and idiotic statements.

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    You do alot of your spouting off on here, but your not man enough to post your prediction, so tell me what's nonsense about that! or is it your spineless, because otherwise if you won't back it up I'd start thinking before calling folk out as morons because they like to predict. If you want to make yourself look bigger grow a spine and predict.

14. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Or better still take your own advice..^

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Hey illiterate, I said I would post after Friday, try taking a few night courses and expand your tiny brain. You can "like" to predict but predicting 6 positions for one driver and calling it "correct" is stupid.

Go play with blocks or something and mouth off to someone within 5 feet of you, that I would pay to see.

16. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Oh you want me to go away now do you, oh I wonder why LOL!!

You need to grow a spine.!! or keep it Buttoned can you understand that.

17. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I want you to go away because you're a fool and you're annoying, I'm sure many people have told you that in your miserable lifetime, probably a bunch of therapists and girlfriends {as they walk out the door}.

I also said I would post my picks when I make them. Badgering me like you're a moron isn't going to get any picks before Friday. As for "a spine", I told you my picks are coming and I'll stack my picks for the year against yours. What's spineless about that?

As for keeping "it buttoned"? Take a walk you basket case and go ask your mother to find one of your fathers, you need some old fashioned discipline.

You can pick, pry, jab, start a fight and do whatever you want to get under my skin but I know what you are, your type is easy to spot because you're weak and simple in every way.

Keep posting if you want, it's only a matter of time before Tifosi12 gives us the boot anyway.

18. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Careful Neil, it you're throwing around a lot of personal insults that really aren't called for. We don't need bans this early in the season.

19. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I don't let people like "that" run their mouth about me. He's thrown around as many words as I have and he's inciting the argument.

20. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Why not? It seems to me that he's way over the line of "personal attacks" and ergo should receive a timeout at least - I'm really tired of reading his nausea.

My 02c,
    Cheers,
    Ian

21. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So saying
    Isn't insulting? Practice what you preach.

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift