Bianco Eldorado '09 GranTurismo photoshoot - 14 images | FerrariChat

Bianco Eldorado '09 GranTurismo photoshoot - 14 images

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by notbland, Mar 31, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
    #1 notbland, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For nine consecutive years the Lotus Exige has been my be-all, end-all dreamcar. And then I spent two hours photographing the GranTurismo. The Exige has been ousted! This... is my new dreamcar.

A big thanks to Maserati of Atlanta for providing the car to me for several hours. I was there for three days shooting some of their inventory, with access to anything in stock, so I made my choice based on exterior color, interior color and wheel design. To me, this is essentially the perfect example; white exterior, red(ish) interior, and Birdcage wheels. Only things I would change would be to have Grigio Mercury wheels, and a Bordeaux interior with Bianco stitching. Can't win them all, I suppose...

MoA would not allow me to photograph the car off dealership property- for a legitimate reason, of course- so they allowed me to shoot in a vacant back lot. Far from an ideal backdrop, but I made due.

I am so enamored by this car, I felt that giving the photos titles in English would be almost cruel- so Italian it was.

I hope you all like the series as much as I do. Next time I shoot a GT, I'll have better locations. But until then, enjoy!

(Fchat scales the widescreen images down; to see them in all their uncompressed, un-pixelated glory, they're all on my site. )

-Webb

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Webb,
    congrats - this photos are E X C E L L E N T !!!!!

Ciao!
    Walter

3. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
    :D Thanks! Glad you like 'em!

4. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Many auto journalists have taken the standpoint that Maserati currently offers the finest looking cars on the market today. Although I am a fan of both Maserati and Ferrari, I have to agree that the individuality given to current Maserati's is very pretty while maintaining a purposeful appearance. Ferrari is nice as well, but it is my opinion that the Maserati curves cannot be bested. Hugh Hefner said it best, "Maserati and I share an appreciation for curves".

5. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Mazerati hit a home run with this design and left Ferrari and Alfa in the proverbial dust when they brought out the "Sport" version of the GT!

Next chance you get take a Sport out! The moment you fire it up and hear the Bark of the motor (almost identical to the F430's) you will be convinced it is one of the best looking and sounding Italian this side of the ocean!

Just my .02

6. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
    Ah, but what I'd really want (to photograph) is the S MC Sport Line. Now that- is absolute perfection. The CF treatment to the lip, skirts and spoiler, especially on the white example in the press release, is just fantastic. I honestly can't think of a better looking car on the road today.

7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I agree.

I WISH they could break free and compete ontheir own though....not be shackled to being little sister to Ferrari...bring back the days of the two marques competing against each other!

Can you imagine?:

Maserati GT
    Superleggera body and chassis...use carbon and aluminum at every opportunity
    6.0L V12
    Tubi
    Ceramic brakes
    ZF 6-speed
    Lowered suspension

That would be the best supercar in the world!

They wouldn't be able to make 'em fast enough

8. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Yeah I have dreamed of such things as well, but it will never happen while Fiat owns all. It is not sensible to have two of the same type of product competing with one another. The order of their product line price and performance-wise is as follows: Fiat-Alfa Romeo-Maserati-Ferrari. Fiat must use the good, better, best method of salesmanship. Until someone swoops in and takes Maserati outside of Fiat, Maserati will always be "Ferrari light".

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm going to say Aston for beauty overall, but I don't argue the GT is better looking than say, the 599.

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    You can top this with two words...

GT SPIDER !!!

Say "Good Bye California" !!

Too Bad Maserati is the Red Headed Step Child In This Italian Family!

They finally get it right and are held back by their wicked step brothers!

11. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    I agree that the Aston's Styling is amazing. But in my book it is not as nice as the Maser and performance wise, unless you go with the V12, it leaves a lot to be desired!

12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Great photos Webb!! :)

13. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Photos are truly awesome, you certainly made good use of that vacant lot! I look forward to seeing others when you have a better backdrop!