TV Commercial Actors | FerrariChat

TV Commercial Actors

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Gilles27, Apr 5, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    It cracks me up when you see an actor pop up in ads for different companies, different products. Especially when one of them is a real character role that tries to shape your impression of the product. For example:

One of the cell companies (I think US Cellular) has the ad with the retired couple. The wife is talking while he reads the paper, seeming disinterested. She mentions the new contract, and he flatly tells her "I love you. And this time I mean it." He kind of looks like Brian Dennehy. Then I saw him in another ad playing the part of a small business owner for some other kind of service provider in a montage-type commercial.

But the funnier one was the IBM ad that uses the bearded guy from Castrol's "Think with your dipstick" ads. For IBM, he's dressed up like a doctor trying to look very clinical. But all I can picture is him jumping around whacking people on the backs of their legs with a dipstick, yelling in his thick Irish brogue "Think with yer dipstick, Laddy!"

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I guess times are tough for everyone, including actors. They'll take any gig they can get.

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Irish?

IRISH?????

LOL!!!! He's got an Irish accent just like Hugh Grant has a Spanish accent.

4. R2112

R2112 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    TX
    #4 R2112, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
    Irish? You're close...:D

Btw, I love that commercial!

:D

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002