Anyone want a white Scuderia | FerrariChat

Anyone want a white Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tarek K., Apr 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    #1 Tarek K., Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am currently in one of the Gulf countries and I stopped by a Ferrari dealer today who happens to be a very good friend of mine. They have a very nice new white Scuderia which they can sell for US$240k if somene is interested. They also have 2 other Scuderias, a red and a black.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    That is SO tempting.....

3. KLE1245

KLE1245 Karting

Feb 22, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    As in or near Dubai? How hard is it to get the cars in the US and what needs to be done to them? Do they have a warranty through Ferrari NA?

4. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    It isn't Dubai...........but close enough.

5. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Aren't mid east cars the same as US specc?

-Peter Oh

6. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    No, middle east cars are European spec. Which makes me wonder why this car has those front reflectors (US spec) if its located in the gulf?

White looks sick in any case.

7. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but I read a thread where cars in Dubai or a neighbouring country have the same specifications as US cars. Are you sure that all cars going to the mid east are euro spec?

-Peter Oh

8. KLE1245

KLE1245 Karting

Feb 22, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    What do you have to do to get the car in the US? does it have a warranty?

9. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    are you sure, I thought the UAE cars were all us spec...

10. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    I'm under the impression that Middle Eastern Ferraris are very similar to US-spec Ferraris with the only exception being all of the plates and tags that are affixed about the car. US cars have all of the data plates and numbers and pressures and indications, etc., whereas I've been told that ME cars are specced the same but don't require all of those indicated details. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me could chime in and clear this up.

By the way, Tarek, I'll take the white one or the black one, either way, I'm not choosy. :)

11. intouch1

intouch1 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2006
    Egypt
    and weren't these cars in the 350's......talk about hype.......

12. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    Yes, UAE cars are US spec. My friend has a car that came from the UAE.

13. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    These are the new Ferrari specs for Middle East cars since 2008.............my Scuderia has the same side reflectors.

14. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    ...........not really. I also bought mine for the same price (US$240k) a year ago.

15. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Yes, it has warranty.........it's covered worldwide. I have a European friend who recently bought a Scuderia in the Middle East and shipped it to Europe a few months ago and had it registered there. His car is covered by warranty in Europe.

16. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.

You are correct.

17. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'd be sure to check with DOT if you were interested in importing this car to the US. My 2000 import of a Euro Spec 928 GTS would have cost nearly as much as I had paid for the car if I had just let them buy the parts at the local Porsche dealership to do the (fairly extensive) conversion on the car...I sourced all the parts and saved about 1/2 though.$7500 vs. $13,000! If the car had OBD II stuff on it and does in fact meet the US emissions then it would probably only cost about $5k to get it in here. It would still have to come through a Registered Importer (I used WETL in Houston for my GTS) and they have to perform the emissions test which cost $2500 to administer back in 2000... So even if they didn't have to do anything but that test and the few other administrative things I can't imagine it would be less than $3500 to import, but what a gorgeous car and Scuds are freaking AWESOME!

James

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Warranty administration and compensation works differently in the USA because of our laws. If FNA was not a party to the importation of the cars as new the car has no warranty through them.

The car will have a warranty through Ferrari SPA but get a dealer in USA to honor it.

It can be done and I have been involved in those cases but the best you get is parts only. And like I said good luck getting a US dealer to help.

19. deepsea

deepsea Rookie

Apr 8, 2007
    Baltimore
    hello;

i used to be in the grey market business with a firm in baltimore. middle east cars have many of the same DOT specs, but none of the labels and EPA equipment. VIN #'s do not match USA coding for Ferrari.

TR's had all the epa equip except for cats/precats/ecu/air pump.

Ferrari is going to give a real fight when they have dealers here that can't sell cars and their waiting list is much shorter.

Agree that there is no warranty.

20. bizz

bizz Formula Junior

May 26, 2008
    Redwood City, CA
    Full Name:
    joe B
    Beauty! That is a stunning scud.

21. Blue4reF1

Blue4reF1 Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Plantation, FL
    Full Name:
    Blake Simon
    In the US the price seems to be around $285k-$325k. All asking prices...

22. sayegh87

sayegh87 Rookie

Oct 22, 2006
    Not all cars in the UAE are US Spec, only certain one's. Our Ferrari and Maserati dealer order their cars US spec, they don't even have the launch control option that Ferrari's in Europe and other Middle Eastern countries have... So it all depends on the dealership and what they order, but I believe these cars must have warranty in the states since they are US spec. (BTW they have only been doing this recently, for about 3 or 4 years, started on the F430's)

23. georgeshayek

georgeshayek Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2007
    Beirut, Lebanon
    Full Name:
    Georges G. Hayek
    #23 georgeshayek, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    All Mid-East, Gulf and Egypt Ferraris are similar to US specs (i.e. side markes ex...). Lebanon is the only country in the region with European Specs Ferraris.

24. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Dealers anywhere in the world can order any version they like but if that didn't come through FNA they dont warranty it.

Many US version cars get imported from all over the world without US warranty. I have a US version 360 in my shop now that was from South America. When they were still brand new I repaired a US version 360 from Finland. As far as FNA was concerned those cars did not exist.

In the USA FNA covers the warranty costs on the cars. Parts and labor. In the rest of the world the dealer gets a much deeper discount on the car and it is his responsibility to cover all labor costs associated with warranty work and Ferrari covers parts costs only. In the US that is illegal. A manufacturer is required to cover all costs of a warranty they impose. FNA only extends warranty coverage on cars bought through them from the US dealer network.

25. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    this is the car in Saudi, right?