Birthday get together. | FerrariChat

Birthday get together.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by texasmr2, Mar 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I would like to envite all my friends here to my 45th birthday barbecue on the 4th of July, steaks for everyone !!!

tex

2. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #2 texasmr2, Mar 28, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
    My bad I forgot to add that Yuliya, her 'ol man and little Enzo better be here!!

3. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Mods please remove this thread ok?

Thanks,
    tex

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Gregg, Happy EARLY EARLY Birthday :) I'll most likely forget to wish you a Happy Birthday later on.

5. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Thanks I appreciate that.

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So now we're disinvited? ;)

7. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Since I recieved no replies I thought oh well nobody is interested. Your always welcome and I would be glad to have you mourn with me lol. I spoke with BigTex and he is gonna come over so the count lies at ten so far and I'm gonna make it a simple affair with drinks (no booze until after the drive), steaks and baked potatoes. I have a few close friends who will be here aswell and I hope its not raining but that wont matter. All Fcars will have priority parking, great photo op aswell, so just come over get your belly full and chill.

I thought this would be a great op to meet all the people who put up with my nonsense here and to eat STEAK!!! I know this is three months away but planning is everything sometimes. As the date gets nearer I will I will get a head count and we will go from there, cool?

Gregg

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'd love to come. Unfortunately July 4th I usually have family stuff or get invited to my friends ranch whom I only see a few times a year.

Thanks for the invite. Sure we'll meet at some point.

9. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I understand as it is a very busy day/weekend for everyone. Also you dont need an invitation just invite yourself over anytime, I like surprises.

10. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Just saw this - of course we'd love to! July is still ways away, there is a chance I'll be out of town, but if not it will be our pleasure to come wish you a happy birthday! :) We can bring something to throw on the grill, too.

11. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    July 4th? Doh! Laguna Seca-US MotoGP weekend. Why did they move the races from late July to the 4th weekend?

Have to take a rain check. Sounds like a good time, and I am right down the road....

12. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I know you are very busy but I would really enjoy you and your family's company, I hope you can come, your always welcome at my house and need no invitation. Also if you do not want steak bring what you want and this grill master will happily accomodate you.

I understand completely and since you are 'just down the road' from me maybe we could have lunch or dinner sometime?

I understand this invitation is alittle early for everyone with more on their plate than I so 'rain checks' are accepted. If anyone needs my number for whatever reason just drop me a PM ok?

Thanks everyone,
    Gregg

13. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #13 texasmr2, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
    Up late killing my last drinky and thought I would start getting a head count of who is a maybe and and who is a definite show atleast for food and a short cruise hopefully. Yes I know the head count will change so I would like to set a deadline for attendance of June 21st. That way I will have an idea of how much food to buy and to make seating arrangements etc etc. As I mentioned I know the 4th is a very busy time for everyone so that is why we can also make it as late or early as possible. Oh I almost forgot that I have almost every F1 race on tape from '84-'96 so if you want to sit in front of the big screen while you munch and watch some old school F1 I can accomodate that aswell.

For those who drive their Fcars, and you better lol, I will have parking arranged with my nieghbors so you can feel safe and I will contact our nieghborhood security to help keep an eye one the cars. I'm really looking forward to meeting the friends I have made here yet have not had a chance to meet in person. So post up what you think and we will take it week by week.

Happy Easter everyone,
    tex

PS,
    Here is a pic of my house and as you can see I can accomodate quite a few cars.
    [​IMG]

14. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    An early bump and question for those who will/try to attend, what is the opinion on having crawfish instead of steak? I have a friend who owns a seafood place so I was thinking if I had it catered we could all sit and b$tch together instead of the cook, me, being tied up with individual orders on how someone likes their steak? Just a simple get together is all I want but I want those who attend to be happy. Also would boiled shrimp appetizers be overkill with the crawfish boil?

tex

15. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #15 texasmr2, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
    Bumpity bump.

Gregg

16. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Well after talking with him it seems crawdaddy's will be out of season so steak it is. Oh I forgot to mention that I'm considering a start time of about noon or 1pm depending on response.

Happy Mothers Day to everyone and enjoy the F1 race,
    Gregg

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    it's on my calendar........you should have made the parade, brudda...there were some fine spectators, if you get my drift.......

18. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Daym work get's me every saturday man unless I request it off atleast two weeks in advance.

19. lil squid

lil squid F1 Veteran

Dec 3, 2007
    Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Yuliya
    Gregg, I'm so sorry but I'll be out of the country until July 5th :( I'll make it up to you, I promise.

20. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    I understand that you are very busy so no biggy but tell Andy and Enzo that they are welcome to come over. Have a safe trip ok and we will talk when you get back.

Take care,
    Gregg

21. texasmr2

BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Hey everbody how are ya? Well it's looking like it's gonna be too busy of a weekend for everyone so I'm considering cancelling and we can just have a cool C&C cruise and lunch later, I'm willing to wait. I guess I'm gonna see if Lady Vanessa (wink BigTex) will spend some time with me or envite me to a barbq with her.

tex

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I blocked out the time, but "your call" pardner...

I've decided NONE of them are ladies, though....LOL!