looking for a person in Charleston SC | FerrariChat

looking for a person in Charleston SC

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Newman, Apr 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I thought this would be the most effective place to ask for a favour from someone in SC. If there was an off-topic section in here I would post it there instead. I have a 67 mustang convertible that was bought in SC at a dealer called Paul Motor Company (a ford dealer of course) which is no longer in existence as far as I can tell. I have the original owners manual with the names of the husband and wife that bought it new which is where the favour comes in. Im trying to get a phone number so I can contact either of them provided they are still alive and well, I dont know how old they are though. Their names are James W Tindall and Doris J Tindall of Charleston SC. If anyone with a local phone book (or even knows them - a long shot I know) from Charlston SC can help, I would be forever in their debt. The dealer was at 995 Morrison Dr in Charleston 29403 but thats all I have. Once again sorry if the thread isnt in the appropriate section.

Paul.

2. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    #2 gil308, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
    Don't know if this is the same guy...seems like it may be. Wife is different, but a lot could change in a marriage over time (ask me how I know).

http://www.usgwarchives.net/obits/text/scobits/2001/may/jtindall.txt

If this is her, she's in her 70's.

http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?extra_listing=mixed&form_mode=opt_b&post_back=1&firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=doris&name=tindall&street=&city_zip=charleston&state_id=SC&localtime=survey

Not much help, but it's a start.

Paul Motor Company is now Jones Ford. http://www.charleston.net/news/2009/mar/01/jonesford/
    The address you lists must be real old...not the best part of town. Pretty sure no dealership there now...well, there may be dealers, but not car dealers if you catch my drift.

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Thanks Gil, Ill follow up on what you gave me and see what turns up!

Paul.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I have to thank you again, the husband did pass away and the ex-wife is still alive as is his last wife. I spoke to his last wife today (Hilda) and she remembers the car and is putting me in touch with Doris, the original owners wife. Hilda remembers the car well and we had a great conversation about it so thanks again!

P.

5. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Cool...glad I was able to provide a lead.