Anyone employed by Ferrari?? | FerrariChat

Anyone employed by Ferrari??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RBG, Apr 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    If you are could you please send me a pm, or let the board know in what capacity you are involved in the company...

I am apart of a successful wealth management group for a foreign bank, but I have the urge to test the waters and see what else is out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Happy motoring

RBG

2. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I have it on good authority that Ferrari does browse this forum from time to time. If I recall correctly there is a test driver who sometimes posts here.

3. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    thank you for the heads up kind sir!

4. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Heh, I am also interested in getting a job with Ferrari, but I don't know how to go about getting my foot in the door! I have uploaded my resume on the website, but I am likely one out of thousands.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    They put job postings in Automotive News.

If you draw the short straw you might get hired. It would really help with your resume if you have absloutely zero automotive experience.

6. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I applied for a job at Ferrari in Maranallo. They told me that their floor sweepers had to speak Italian, so I did not get the job. :(

7. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Dear Lord WHY? You obviously haven't seen The God Father !!

;)
    lol lol

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

My suggestion? Watch the Wizard of Oz... and pay particular attention to the reality of the Wizard once the curtain was pulled. Emerald City might look nice when you're on the yellow brick road... but maybe not so nice once you're in the Wizard's chamber.

9. aschultz19

aschultz19 Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    Plain"Jane"Field, IL
    Full Name:
    Tony..........
    I am apart of a successful wealth management group for a foreign bank.......

You're not from Nigeria are you?????
    Just kidding but I just love wealth management guys.... Hey, you have a couple million, let me invest it for you so I can get rich without actually doing anything...... Oh that investment didn't work?? Give me another 300k and lets try this ponzi, I meant "business" adventure.....
    Again, just a few light hearted laughs.....
    Tony.............

10. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As sad as it is, it's true. I should reaaally get on that soon. What kind of Italian-American am I?

11. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    Tony,

I chuckled, but then again I am a fairly light hearted guy...

You are right with some of your remarks, but there are a lot of hard-working people who DO help people with complicated financial matters.

Again, was just looking to hear from people who have worked at Ferrari NA, and to hear what their experience has been like

RBG

12. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    Point taken, you can make this point about anything in life...celebrity/business/life-style

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rob is on FNA's payroll. :D :D :D

14. aschultz19

aschultz19 Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    Plain"Jane"Field, IL
    Full Name:
    Tony..........
    RBG, Thanks for taking it light hearted... I read what I wrote and it may have seemed snippy..... I loved you guys 3-4 years ago but I am not the biggest fan lately....
    Not necessarily your fault but I have to blame someone.... Good luck in your pursuits of the Ferrari guys....
    Tony..............

15. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    Tony,

You have to blame someone right? Thankfully, our group only manages fixed-income portfolios: so deservidly or not we look like the good guys rights not

p.s I dont mix my passions with business (family/racing/ferraris/motorcycles/etc...) The reason being: "I have to blaim someone"

I dont want my personal life to suffer at the cost of any of these things....

Back to topic at hand: No Ferrari guys around??

Oh yea, Never formally into'd myself...lemme dig up some photos from limerock from last year

16. kosmo

kosmo Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    BIg D
    call them and try to get a meeting.
    also try to use the resources of your bank, albeit carefully. Im sure there's a corp relationship.

17. ACross32

ACross32 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2007
    Bay Shore, NY, USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Any advice for an engineer?

18. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    #18 RBG, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks kosmo, was my original instinct- just wanted to see if I could get a feel from the guys on the board

Heres some pictures from last year!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Oceanic815

Oceanic815 Formula 3

Apr 30, 2008
    Central Oregon
    Now wait a minute- why would anyone who actually works for Ferrari or FNA or Ferrari UK or wherever actually fess up and say 'Me! Over here!'? Would that not simply open them up to a neverending barrage of inquiries from assorted individuals? Would it not be better for Ferrari employees to peruse the boards and get feedback from posts without necessarily identifying themselves?

Once a door is opened, its is sometimes very difficult to close.

20. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    My guess, solely based on reason and backed by nothing else, is that they're doing exactly what you describe, due to the reasons you mention.

21. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    A little off topic.......but somewhat related. I have a good friend, a retired McLaren F1 engineer in england, his son is the general manager for their sports car division there. Guess what he drives? A ferrari. Had to laugh.

22. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    well.....it tough to bring home that blonde you met in a one-seater, right?

23. RBG

RBG Karting

Jan 18, 2009
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RBG
    now that you mention McLaren and Ferrari I happened upon this interesting article...

Motor Racing: Ferrari 'spy' Flees Italy in Fear
    Formula One: Former Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney said he had to leave Italy out of fear after being chased and harassed. Nigel Stepney, the former Ferrari engineer at the center of the Formula One 'industrial espionage' furore, has fled Italy and is in hiding with his girlfriend and their one-year-old daughter. He feared for his safety after harassment, involving high-speed car chases and the placing of a tracking device on his car, made his life unbearable.

Stepney, 47, speaking for the first time since being sacked by Ferrari for allegedly passing confidential documents to McLaren's chief designer, Mike Coughlan, told The Observer last night: 'There have been high-speed car chases. We've been followed by more than one car, with Italian plates, and when we cornered one of them last Thursday evening the men in it refused to speak. I don't believe they were journalists. Ash [Stepney's girlfriend] has been stalked at the house. There was tracking gear on my car. Someone was going to get hurt. I had no option but to get out of Italy.'

It emerged last week that McLaren had suspended Coughlan after documents belonging to Ferrari were found at his home. Stepney, already under investigation by Ferrari, and the Carabinieri, after allegations of attempted sabotage of the Italian team's cars before the Monaco Grand Prix, was assumed to be the source of the documents but is protesting his innocence.

'I categorically deny that I copied them [the documents], or that I sent them to Mike Coughlan. I knew I was being watched all the time at the factory and that everything I did or said was being reported back and that people knew whenever I accessed files on the computer. I have no idea how anything came into Mike's possession. If he has some documents, they came from another source.'

On Friday at Silverstone, Honda F1 boss Nick Fry admitted that he had had a meeting with Stepney and Coughlan, who had sounded him out about working for his team, but that no sensitive information or documents changed hands.

Stepney had grown increasingly dissatisfied with his job at Ferrari after a management restructuring and told team boss Jean Todt that he no longer wanted to travel.

'Ferrari took that badly. I began to feel like I was some sort of traitor. As soon as I went against the system at Ferrari, I got squeezed. I'm anxious, naturally, but I haven't done anything wrong.'

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #24 BigTex, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To my knowledge we may not have active posters who are with Ferrari NA, specifically.

We DO have design Engineers from Ferrari SpA though, and the Old Timers know who they are......

And the public side of Ferrari NA is certainly no secret. I talk with them from time to time....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Is this guy a bit of a troll digging up and reposting a completely irrelevant story from a couple of years ago ?